Going to work for KLLM

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by tx turtle, May 12, 2008.

1. tx turtle

tx turtle Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I'm hoping too start orentation next week on the 19th of May in MS I live in Houston, TX and was sad too hear they closed the Dallas term I had my recruter there she was very helpful and was loking forward too meeting her I live near a Flying J truckstop and have parked my truck there a few times when I was with other companies with no problems does anyone know if they have a drop yard in Houston? and what can be expected in MS as far as where I'm staying and the food and what kind of days are they I would like to run the Southeast reg run but dont know if I'll be able too and not sure about the % pay if not I'll get on the TX run did the new trucks they got come with APU's and are the qualcomms locked so you can't read them while your driving if your running solo are invertors allowed if you have them install them if your truck does not have a APU I hear that Covenant Transport is looking too buy out KLLM any truth too that any and all feed back will be very helpful

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

No, they don't have a drop yard in Houston. The new gold trucks come equipped with an APU and an inverter, but don't count on one of those. The old white trucks do not. Right now there seems to be rumors that there is a truck shortage because of low driver turnover, but I don't know for sure on that. You can have a plug-in inverter, but if you want a big one, they have to install it and you have to obtain permission.

4. tx turtle

tx turtle Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    ok thanks so much for the info i would like too have my 1500 watt invertor installed so i can have my microwave on the truck so i can cook with it do you know who i need too talk with too get the permission thier web site says they have APU's on the '05-'06 trucks is that the "new" trucks your talking about or the "brand new" cascadia's on the web site

5. knighted

knighted Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2007
    LA
    Just sent in an application with KLLM and have a few questions on the company.
    What shape is their equipment in? I read the company website and as with any company I don't trust it to be totally up to date.
    How are they on getting drivers home? Company states "Home every ten days." Do they get you in on or at least within a day or two of your request?
    Finally, How is their maintenance of the equipment? Do you have to argue to get things done and are they quick about routine maintenance? By quick I mean are you sitting for days waiting for them start on the repairs?

6. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Equipment is fine, maintance is fine, no complaints. When stuff needs to be done, usually it is in a timely matter. As for hometime, my boyfriend choses to stay out about 5-6 weeks. He has always gotten home on the day requested, although this last time he didn't get home until 2 AM so I guess that counts as the next day. His next home time, it is critical that he gets home on the exact day, so we'll see if we are still singing their praises in July.

7. tx turtle

tx turtle Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I just got done with orintation on Wed the 21st of May and I'm day 1 in the hotel waiting for a truck they are very short on trucks they told us that if you want on a specific day too request the day before off because they can use you the day that you requested off till midnight and as long as your home by midnight the day you request then they have you home on the day you requested

8. tx turtle

tx turtle Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    well i got fired from KLLM today they said that i couldn't "manage" my time good enough because I always ran out of time and asked too many questions but I did find out that they do not reschedule appointments and I was told that if I wanted too "make" it in the trucking field that I was going too have too learn how too "creative line draw" on my log book by the dispatch supervisor my dispatcher name was TJ and his supervisor is name Oscar if you want too hear all my boo hoos about my experiance let me know and I will be more than happy too tell you

9. chicadriver

chicadriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008

I heard of TJ's reputuation from another driver last week. Be sure to check your DAC for accuracy. I wish you luck and I'm sorry it didn't work out.

10. tx turtle

tx turtle Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    thank you for telling me this I would love too hear what you have heard about TJ

11. chicadriver

chicadriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    While I don't doubt my friend's opinion I can't state hearsay, given this board's policy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.