going with TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by getrdone609, Apr 27, 2008.

1. getrdone609

getrdone609 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    covington, ohio
    I will be starting my day with TMC on May 12, just wanting some feedback on what to exspect. I do have a year in flat bedding, i worked for maverick and had to go due to, not getting enough miles. For about 3 months in a row i was bringing home about 300.00 dollars a week. Hopefully TMC will be a great deal better, I was on the covered wagon Div. so my tarping skills are alittle rusty. I live near I-75 near dyton Oh so i hope to get home on the weekends.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bartage

bartage Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    buffalo newyork
    i think its all in what is best for what you want out of any company

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

I drive for maverick and something does not add up with your 300 bucks a week for 3 months???? I know a lot of their drivers and I avg $800-1200 a week take home. I don't any mavericks that bring in that little. Matter of fact the trainies make more than that in training. How did you manage to not get any miles with them? I mean we have slow periods from time to time, but that is something I find hard to believe.

5. getrdone609

getrdone609 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    covington, ohio
    I drove the short haul div. and in the beginning the pay was not bad i averaged between 500 to 600 dollors a week bring home then the milage started to drop. I started at an average of 2200-2500 miles a week to the last three months averaging between 1200 to 1500 miles. You cant make any money on those kind of miles. I know three other drivers that left for the same reason out of the same div. I have nothing bad to say about maverick, they did treat me pretty good and got me home for the weekend, but i do have bills to pay and i had to move on.

6. jugg

jugg Light Load Member

i know the few mavericks that come in my kneck of the woods need more training.....them guys for some reason always miss 3217 road and want to do a u-turn in my neighbors driveway, and everytime they end up getting stuck... he told me the other day from now on he is charging to pull them out, and going to start taking pictures cause maverick told him to, so these drivers will get dealt with, lol.... if no pay, he is not pullin nothing... he has called maverick on it, posted signs of no uturns and they still do it.....next will be the no trespassing sign. and his wife said she has no problem making that call... i cannot wait, she has got a short fuse and goes off when they mess up her flowers on the front drive....i might have to get the video camera out and post it on you tube....:biggrin_2559:

7. Quanman

Quanman Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Loveland, Ohio
    How are things going for your so far at TMC?

8. bartage

bartage Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    buffalo newyork

im hanging in there how are you doin

9. bartage

bartage Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    buffalo newyork

going good and you:biggrin_25522:

10. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    Go with percentage. I can run 2,000 miles a week and still bring home 1,200. =D Just keep that out of route down, and the wheels turning.. You'll turn 28-30% in no time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.