Golden State Foods Arizona

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by trecord88, Jul 14, 2018.

1. trecord88

trecord88 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Phoenix AZ
    Hey guys so recently I've been really interested in gsf, I have heard alot of good things about them compared to all the other bs food service companies, but before jumping ship and I'm I'm the middle of buying a house so hours and pay is very important. So I guess I really want to know if coming on as the new guy in the bottom but with food service experience will they budge on starting hourly wage? How many hours will they let you work?
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    When I spoke with a GSF driver at a McD's he was very positive, but I didn't get details. Suggest watching those places for a driver unloading, you'll get the real poop. I doubt they'll budge, not advertising much in AZ,but a driver would know how to game it.

Mike2633 and trecord88 Thank this.
  4. ObeySteezy

ObeySteezy Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2017
    trecord i was with gsf was the youngest driver there a lot of drivers hated me i sensed it
    the company overall has very good benefits (its union) good pay but your giving ur soul because at least when i was there i was working 16 hour shifts i would recommend living really close to work if u join
    i did chiptole delieveries mostly a little bit of McDonalds but mostly chipotle and vegas shuttle runs i think Arizona does shuttle runs to vegas as well
    so if u wanna have no life whatsover especially when u first start off because ur schedule wont be the same every week and ull be on call on ur days off and work up to 16 hours a day then go ahead the money is there with them
    ps until u become union after 90 days of hired if they hear anything bad about u or dont perform well they will terminate u without confronting u about it (thats wht happened to me)

5. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Driver facing cameras I believe.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    How many hours they will LET you work?

Will they BUDGE on a starting WAGE?

You are buying a house?

Jiumping SHIP with the knowledge you are bottom man on totem pole to be kicked around by everyone.

Hours and pay are very important?

BUYING a HOUSE?

The reason I am repeating these blocks of questions is I am trying to sort them into different corners of my desktop so I can try and think about where you are going from wherever you were before.

What ever you are doing now before you quit and get a new job anything must have been pretty gravy good for you to lean towards buying a house. Most people do not proceed unless the money is there. I remember my first job I was taking home between 2200 to 3100 a month net after taxes and frankly that pushed me over to buying a nice little Colt GT Retail I think was a cool 7600 dollars at that time in the 80's Half the cost of the BMW's and fully loaded accords of that time period.

A month after I bought it I got into trouble after getting trapped by another 18 wheeler (A company truck who was being somewhat of a bully parking the way he did to be sure he got a silo instead of me. I not only lost three hours waiting for two trucks I also destroyed his tractor tryng to get out. And that company decided enough is enough and got rid of me. They are probably cheering to this day. It's a shame. But it is what it is. ANY thing can happen at any day in trucking.

If you are going to buy a house do it in cash in full. Once that's out of the way everything else will fall into place.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.