Good Car Hauling Insurance in Connecticut

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by trucko, Nov 17, 2018.

1. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Time to throw progressive into dumpster for their attitude

We are having 4 trucks all insured for over a year never had any accident, any claim cargo or liability. We run super clean and this douches instead of thanking us increased premium on renewal.

Any ideas who else work in CT for car haulers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    As a new entrant you are very limited ...specifically for car hauler I believe there are just 2 or 3 who will be insuring you ..try Berkshire Hathaway and national fire indemnity ( not sure if right , try to Google)

4. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Progressive expensive as #### and they know situation I described

5. justcarhaulin

justcarhaulin Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I was in the same predicament you are in a few 2 years ago. Progressive was jacking up my rates despite the fact that i was with them for a year and didn't have any claims. Luckily my wife called ooida and they insured us. They started insuring car hauling a few years ago. Their rate was half what progressive was quoting me. My friend had the same problem with progressive. He is now insured with grear American. Try these two companies. Ooida insurance may not be rated as the best but the $$ you save will make up for it. The only one that turned me down for a load was a broker named Plymouth auto transport. Every body else including Ready,carsArrive,United road have no problem. Good luck.

trucko Thanks this.
  6. justcarhaulin

justcarhaulin Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2015
    trucko Thanks this.
  7. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I will try OIDA

8. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    I have trucks based in Connecticut. What’s is your company name if you don’t mind.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.