Good companies for local and regional o/o in nj?!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mariuszsawicki, May 17, 2018.

1. Mariuszsawicki

Mariuszsawicki Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Know some good comoabies to do local or tri state job for o/o ? Want to be at home every night,looking for some maybe less paying but steady work...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    You could haul containers or you can haul for the grocery warehouses.

If you have your Authority you can look for Brokers that will give you local work. There are some that will do that.

4. Mariuszsawicki

Apr 5, 2018
    They do not pay could on containers I think, do you know some names of companies? Heard that shoprite pays nice but hard to get there,know something about pss warehouses in dayton nj?

5. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Actually I was thinking of Wakefern / ShopRite.

When I was a lease driver I would deliver to the ShopRite stores and I got talking with a few owner-operators and they seemed as they did okay.

And on top of that they were pretty quick getting in and out of the stores.

I remember seeing ads for a place called cardinal in Swedesboro but I think you had to have your authority to work for them and there may have been a contract or something I really don't know a lot about it but it was a home daily route type of a situation.

Sorry but I really don't have any information beyond that.

6. Mariuszsawicki

Apr 5, 2018
    Thanks a lot! I need to get some info to contact with some owner form shoprite,it is easier to find out something about that job,thanks a lot

7. FAST123

FAST123 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Easton,PA
    You could run water from PA to NJ daily we have guys grossing $800-1k per day running 2 loads...just depends what times you want to start.

Moephilly1 and istrum Thank this.
  8. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
  9. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Food Haulers is contracted to deliver to ShopRite for Wakefern. Union shop and they make REALLY good money. They top out around $30 an hour and a lot of them make well over $100k a year.

Wakefern does use a lot of O/O's. You can always tell who's pulling the ShopRite trailers by how fast they're going on the turnpike. Food Haulers run red daycabs and are governed around 63 mph, while the O/O's tend to have lead foots and drive around 75 mph. Can't really speak on how to land a gig with them, but ACME in Denver PA is they're largest competitor and they also have they're own Private Fleet as well as using O/O's. They use to have nothing but O/O's lined up at they're Distribution Center because of the amount of work they had ever since they bought out Pathmark, Superfresh, and A&P. Not quite sure if brokers got them the work or they called ACME directly, but they are home everyday and seem to make really good money. Greatwide also does a lot of work for them too...so maybe get in contact with them.

Hub group is also big around the Jersey ports and rails. They may be an option.

FedEx is also huge around the Newark area. Custom Critical tends to hire O/O' s. Not quite sure if Ground does. Freight and Express are actually FedEx employee's, so I doubt if they hire O/O's.

Post Office also hires O/O's. A lot of them don't work for USPS directly, but they sign up with Local Mail Contractors like Finkle, Ling, Hoovestol, etc. They're home every night and judging by how well these O/O's maintain they're trucks, they seem to be paid very well.

GreekExpress and 77fib77 Thank this.
  10. Mariuszsawicki

Apr 5, 2018
    Thanks,any contact to get some more info where to run etc?

11. Mariuszsawicki

Apr 5, 2018
    Thank you

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.