Good Company with Rider Policy

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bertita1986, Oct 16, 2019.

1. bertita1986

bertita1986 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2017
    I have 2.5 years experience. Clean record. Currently at DHT, but leaving soon to develop some property overseas until March, a project which may require my attention for a couple months every year.

DHT couldn’t guarantee me a job when I get back, and said that I would have to go through their entire hiring process again.

Otherwise I need to have some backup options.

I need a rider policy that lets me take the wife from day one, APU and inverter. I have a strong preference to avoid reefer jobs.

Fwiw, I have all the endorsements.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Climate Express - www.climateexpress.com
    Day one rider policy.
    EQUIPMENT
    • 2016-2019 assigned Volvo 670’s & 760’s.
    • 12 speed Automatics with the I-shift.
    • 53ft Vans & Reefers.
    • APU’S, Duel Antenna’s, Scales on truck & trailers
    • Built in refrigerators in the 760’s.

5. bertita1986

bertita1986 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Sounds alright. Milan is probably the only non reefer one on the list, right?

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think so Milan being all dry van. Britton may use some dry van, but not sure. @MrEd will know. Rider program is free to you at Britton.

7. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    Britton has a dry van/reefer division and a flatbed division. It would be worth asking if they would be willing to let you stick to primarily dry van. They might be willing to do that but I cannot say for sure. They do have day one rider policy at no charge to you. They have a mix of Volvo & Freightliner trucks all automatics. All trucks have APU's and refrigerator's. They are a good company. I work in their flatbed division as does @MrEd, who is the trainer for the flatbed division. Best wishes to you!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I do think Britton would be able to place you so that you were almost or completely van only. I do know some of the drivers switch van and reefer frequently. Some don't seem to switch at all. Flatbed seldom switches with van/reefer because the trucks are outfitted differently. All of our trucks in both divisions have APU's, Inverters, and fridges. And I am pretty sure it could be worked out that you could be able to go take care of your investments interests a couple months a year. Not sure how that would effect some benefits like health insurance. We have some seasonal guys, and a few part time guys. So it could be worked out. This company is a great place to work in my opinion. They've always given me any time I've needed off. Even if I didn't have vacation time to use. I just took it unpaid. I was off for almost 5 weeks back in 2017 for cataract surgery. I didn't even have to empty out my truck. They said "it'll be here when ya get back". As for taking your wife, that isn't a problem at all. I've heard of guys bringing their wife to orientation with them.

Truckermania Thanks this.
  9. rbinion

rbinion Bobtail Member

May 10, 2019

10. rbinion

rbinion Bobtail Member

May 10, 2019
    Can I have my fieance as a rider because were not married yet?

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Look in our help wanted section. You can take him and make great money.

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.