Good dealers exist

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by trucko, Jan 27, 2021.

1. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I believe good dealers do exist and experienced truckers would have contacts

I am looking to buy 2018-2019 Cascadia. Location does not matter as far as deal is good and truck is good

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    That too depends on the buyer. If you are an easy Fup, no one will be able to resist Fupping you. You are being too vague. What engine model? What transmission? What rear end gear ratio? If you don’t know, you deserve to be Fupped. My guess is that you want an automatic. I would want a 515 Detroit in front of that auto. What model Detroit comes in at 515 HP? No, a 515 will outperform and get better economy than a 430-455.

Watch out for the bait and switch. If you see it, take your business elsewhere.

Luck in battle.

Doealex, black_dog106 and Coffey Thank this.
  4. Swift09

Swift09 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Great Lakes Truck Center in Mansfield Ohio. James Johnson in sales. I was just in today, they have a few trucks in. Better hurry though, stuff is moving crazy right now.

5. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2020
    As a long time mechanic all i can suggest is ANY truck you are interested in purchasing...take it someplace else and have it inspected....it will be the best money spent out of your pocket.

Now im not saying anything is bad about the techs or the place but a fresh set of eyes is always good insurance. Plus lots of things dont get changed till it is sold, lots of things pass a safety inspection but wont last long after ( ie: brake pads on disk setup. Min thickness is about a nickle (5 cents) so as long there is at least that it passes) etc....

If the dealer wont let you take it elsewere... walk out no matter how good the deal is......JMHO

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.