Good Start up company

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by fatboytrucker, Apr 4, 2018.

1. fatboytrucker

fatboytrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2018
    I'm in school right now to get my class A license. I test out on April 17th. We've had a few recruiters come through and talk to us. What is a good company to start out with? I'm in Delaware. I want to hear opinions from everyone. A couple of the companies that came through were Werner, US Express and Covenant so far........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    What works for one new grad won't work for the next. There are folks that think CRST is a great company. Most don't. A lot of 10 year+ folks at TMC. I couldn't get past six months.

Take everything a recruiter tells you with a grain of salt. Most are blowing smoke up your exit hole. Whichever one you do choose, plan to wear your big boy pants and suck it up for a year. Then, with a good driving record, you can move on to greener pastures.

I know that doesn't help with a specific company. But I feel it's sound advice.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Calex Logistics - does lots of west coast runs.
    Schuster - nations largest ice cream hauler; Blue Bunny Ice Cream.
    Magnum Ltd - fancy trucks set up for driver comfort.
    Butler Transport - www.driveforbutler.com - coast to coast refrigerated trucking.
    Ozark Motor Lines
    J&R Schugel
    Contract Freighters -
    www.cfidrive.com
    Tyson Foods
    Transport America
    All the above hire new cdl grads; if website has "exp. required" ignore that and apply.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    narcolepticltd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.