Google reviews of shippers/receivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mattflat362, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I tell you what these are very important to independent owner ops......or anyone on elogs...or just anyone quoting a load rate. I will be checking these real time for every load I quote for a new to me shipper/receiver..

Thank you drivers for adding the info. (AK Tube in this case) The reviews are dead on and verified by me twice in 2 years now . :/ LOL.

whoopNride and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Also read the broker reviews on DAT if you have it. Just click on their MC and you will see.

whoopNride and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Problem with reviews is that there are mostly negative ones. People tend to express complaints and seldom write anything positive. Same thing with shippers/receivers reviews that can be found on Google. Sometimes you have to rather judge by the amount of bad reviews because all of them are bad. So if you have a receiver with 170 reviews ad 167 of them are bad then it could mean something. If there are only 10 reviews and all of them are bad it is still hard to say what to expect, the sample is too small. I shamefully admit that I don't do both. With brokers on DAT I like to look at their days to pay rating and if they can be factored.

5. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I leave reviews for shippers/receivers with both Bad or Good feedback, just like Ebay lol

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  6. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I agree on the when it comes to reviews on products people purchase but I read these truckers comments as legit. I can tell by what they say. You can almost feel their pain LOL.

nax Thanks this.
  7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    No news is good news. If I see a broker has been in business a long time and on DAT a long time with no reviews then I assume they do good business. Negative reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes rebuttals tell the whole story and admittedly there are probably as many shyster carriers as there are brokers. A broker who has 36 reviews with 99% of them negative is a problem. You only see that once in a while. Where there's smoke there's usually fire. Like anything you have to use common sense as a guide and always cover your bases as good as possible regardless of who you work with.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  8. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    I have comments on places good and bad. I try to make sure what the bad points are or good points. Bad points to me are places with no bathrooms for truckers to use, even though you might be there for 24 hrs; meat loads that are always way over late loading, beer loads that have to always be reloaded because they loaded the trailer too heavy; snotty, rude workers, whether at the guard shack or the dock. Truckers have to put up with so much already, and knowing what to expect helps out I hope.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.