Gordon or Sysco?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Josh.w.smith, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Josh.w.smith

Josh.w.smith Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    I currently have two job offers from Sysco in Orlando and Gordons drop yard in Sarasota I know Sysco is going to be rough probably because of how crappy the trailers are loaded sometimes (I ran into many Sysco drivers) I’m not sure how Gordon’s is and who they even deliver to. But I’m trying to follow the money and I’m no stranger of hard work I just like to get compensated well for what I’m doing... and where’s I’m working now (performance food service) it’s crap.. I used to work for mclane and could get 1400 cases off in a day .. my average case count is about 600 pieces with PFS so I thought cool... it means my days will be shorter....WRONG with the way these pickers loads the trailers in PFG it takes 12-14 hours to unload a 600-700 case trailer with an average miles of 150 ... it’s pathetic seriously.. I hear Sysco is the same but I know they pay more .. so I’m willing to deal with it... the top driver here in PFS Florida makes $79k... rant over... so does anyone have any information on GFS like pay benefits anything ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
  5. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Its all the same bs more or less. I think it's more about terminal locations than company. For example sysco (or insert any food service company including gordon) pay and equipment can be great at one location and so so at another

LoneCowboy Thanks this.
  6. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Is there a US Foods down in your area?
    By no means a perfect company but I did work for them aways back; I always thought they were a pretty decent outfit. Good pay and bennies.
    If there is a Reinhart foodservice in your area, avoid them like the Black Death.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  7. Josh.w.smith

Josh.w.smith Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Yes there’s a us foods right in Tampa probably not even 10 miles they get paid hourly 25.50 and ot I think

8. ReeferRick

ReeferRick Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2018
    What sucks so bad about Reinhart?

9. Bigredhammah

Bigredhammah Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2017
    I work for GFS up here in New England, the pay and benefits are the highest around. when they post a job it doesn't talk about all the extra benefits you get and bonuses for just doing your job. Hard work pays off, especially at GFS. I have even traveled around the country helping other Dc's when they are in need of drivers. It's a pretty good company to work for.
    that being said i have also worked at Sysco. I did not like the way the Sysco house up here operated and treated their drivers. To me they were a warehouse focused company that treated their drivers poorly.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  10. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Both are tough companies to work for.
    Both will look to fire you for small reasons.

If you are a good driver with a clean record try doing something else local: transporting equipment or cars.

I avoid bigger companies altogether.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.