Gordon Sevig Trucking co?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by GungHoGal, Oct 27, 2007.

1. GungHoGal

GungHoGal <strong>"Miss Oh! Don't get me started"</strong>

May 11, 2007
    Does anyone know anything about these guys? I was hoping to find some posts about them.. but zilch.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SoCalharley

SoCalharley Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2009
    san berdino,ca
    You must not of looked to hard a lot on here about them

4. bfork1

bfork1 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2009
    birmingham,al
    well where is it because i dont see it either???

5. SoCalharley

SoCalharley Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2009
    san berdino,ca
    ok i was wrong did a goole of them they are out of New Mexico Sorry:biggrin_25510:

6. allnite

allnite Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2009
    cedar bluff,al.
    I THINK I have seen them listed elsewhere under GSTC.I am prob wrong though.

7. Outlaw 13

Outlaw 13 Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    any highway , USA
    GSTC ( Gordon Sevig Trucking) if you like the east coast & broker frieght , fill out the application ! You will never see 2500 miles average per week ! Idle over 35% for 2 oil changes & they will cut your speed from 65 down to 60 ! Lay-over pay is a crappy $25.oo for 24 hours ! Their mechanics are a joke , could not fix anything if you marked the broken part in red paint ! After unloading you can or will sit like 2 to 6 hours waiting for your next load assignment , burning up your hours for the day !
    GSTC - is located in Walford,Iowa just south of Cedar Rapids,Iowa ! Any questions , just ask !

8. mile marker

mile marker Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa

WOW I'm surprized to hear that. One of my best friends drives for them and don't have any of them problems with them.

Although he has mention the mechanics can be a pain!!!!!!!

9. Outlaw 13

Jun 5, 2010
    any highway , USA
    GSTC - Gordon Sevig Trucking Company !
    Mile Marker - I do not tell tall tales , I do not say bad things out of anger ! Maybe your friend has better luck than most , but if it was such a good company , why do they recruite every week , they only have 112 road trucks & 20 are sitting against the fence ! They operate Frieghtliner Columbia's , Internationals & now replacing Frieghtliners with Volvo's ! They run almost 95% from Iowa area to east coast , then use all brokers to get you off the east coast ! I have personnally sat from 2 hours to 2 days waiting for a load back west ! They are not as bad as most companies because they do NOT hire newbies or 2 week wonders ! If anyone has any further questions , just ask !! Thank you all & good luck !

10. mile marker

mile marker Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa

Sorry you took my post that way it wasn't meant that way, I was just more surprize to hear that.

11. Outlaw 13

Jun 5, 2010
    any highway , USA
    I was not answering you out of anger , just telling what I went thru while there ! No matter how angry I could get , I always try to say or tell only true things about a trucking company . There are about half the drivers like the company , but they do have atleast 15 empty trucks & the old recruiter was fired ! It is a very hard company to figure out . They are super nice about one thing & then get upset about another ! Good luck to all that are looking !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.