Gordon Trucking , US Fleet

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by sal, Mar 7, 2010.

1. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Just looking for some info on Gordons US Fleet, I live in Sac, Ca, I was told that I could use Grocery Outlet to park at when on home time. Also what kinda hometime are you getting , miles , ect. any info will help. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. urnotgonzo

urnotgonzo Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Yes grocery outlet is where you park. For miles, stay away from the southwest div. Go 48, you won't do 48, but the miles are a lot better, especially after they figure out you are on time and don't get lost. If you are really good, they might offer a dedicated route!:biggrin_25519:

sal Thanks this.
  4. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    The Grocery Outlet is one of our drop yards. On the U.S. fleet you will also have the opportunity to do Canada with extra $ to cross each way.

5. Native Dancer

Native Dancer Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland, Or.
    Does Gordon still have O/Os leased to them?

6. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Yes, they have a significant number of O/O's leased on.

Native Dancer Thanks this.
  7. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    I was told about a fleet that covers 40 of the states (US?) Will or can Gordon get you home every other 2 or 3 weeks out ?

8. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York

The states you run will be determined by your hometime requests. In the last 12 months I have been home late twice, the longest 2 days. I have been home early on 2 occasions, 1 day each. I run 25 or 31 days to get 4 or 5 days off.

sal Thanks this.
  9. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    So i can drop my trailer at grocery outlet and bobtail home ( acouple miles) ? Im trying not to leave my car in Modesto is what i'm getting at.

10. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Sal, you can't really take your truck home...butttttttt you need to ask your DM and he'll let you know if it's possible.Usually only guys that live way far away from a terminal can take their truck home.That being said, I used to take mine home to wash it and just drop the trlr in our yard.When I got off of hometime, I right away put in for my next hometime which was right around 3 weeks out. That way I got it put in the planners computer for time off so they could schedule me correctly.

sal Thanks this.
  11. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Well that didn't take long , sent in my app, friday and was approved by tuesday. Jon M said they would set up a drug test and Co. physical then orientation on the 13th. Dosn't leave much time to take care of the home front. Oh well. Anyone know where the orientation takes place ? Modesto ? or Wa.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.