Gordon Trucking , US Fleet

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by sal, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Zyphor

Zyphor Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2010
    California
    Thank you Sal ...I'm still in the limbo stage. I'm waiting on the final phone call for my orientation date. All my paperwork was turned in last friday 4/16/10. I'm not sure if there trying to find a non-smoking trainer before they give me the green light for orientation. or if there just still processing the begining stages to get me there. Im just so ready to hit the road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HOGDOG

HOGDOG Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Redding Ca.
    zyphor... It takes about a week to hear back from the company you apply with !

4. Zyphor

Zyphor Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2010
    California
    Thank you Hogdog...I got the call today! Im scheduled for a physical and drug test tomorrow. They informed me they want me in orientation next week. Does anyone know what days of the week they schedule orientation.

5. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York

If I remember correctly, Mon & Tue for students and 1 extra for experienced drivers. Start the first day with films, paperwork, and drive test. Also a drug test if you haven't been to a GTI doctor.

6. Zyphor

Zyphor Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2010
    California
    Wow that don't give me time for anything...my Physical tomorrow and heck I could be on the road saturday for a monday orientation.
    I hope i get a couple days off afterwards to get my stuff together for training.

7. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    You should get it ready now. Most students leave orientation on a truck with their trainer. Show up ready to roll for 28 days on the road without a break. Then back for one more day of orientation, another road test, and then assignment to a truck. Then you can set up a plan with your DM to get you home for a few days. Sometimes you may get some breaks in the process, but, you should be prepared to do what I outlined. Good Luck. It goes very fast.

8. Zyphor

Zyphor Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2010
    California
    Wow I'm already seeing it go fast..I took my Physical I'm hitting the road this weekend. He has not said what day yet...Im scheduled for orientation Tuesday. they informed me.... more then likely be one day orientation then on the road for 28. He said pack up and get ready to ship out basically. Wow flashbacks of the military. Loving it...Lets GOOOOOO

9. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Boo Hoo, I just spoke to Gordon and they are not taking students in Arizona... whinnnnnnne Boo Hoo... Guess I will check back later. Good Luck to you guys. Thanks. TD.

10. HOGDOG

HOGDOG Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Redding Ca.
    Zyphor... How are you getting to orientation ? Do they still fly you up ? Thks. hd

11. Zyphor

Zyphor Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2010
    California
    Well Hogdog they don't know yet lol. I will find out Friday they did tell me I wont be flying. Either by train,bus,gordon truck...or I told them heck I'll hitchhike if I had to....HAHA just get me there. Hey I have my blog started for anyone wanting to follow my first year on the road with Gordon. I will be trying to update it daily. It should be fun following. here is my link http://truckerzyphor.blogspot.com/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.