Gordon Trucking

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by bobbyw, Nov 11, 2006.

1. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    I just thought i would chime in. I drive for Gordon and we are expanding our service area. I have been down to North Carolina, Oklahoma and I run the Midwest region. Talked to a driver that went to Florida. We do seem to be expanding. They are a good company, but do have there problems like most do. Be safe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. harleyman60

harleyman60 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Hemet,Ca.
    NicNat2 !!! How long do you all have to wait for loads . are there pre loads for your next runs or what?

4. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Well a couple times we had to wait a couple hours for some but like on friday, we were dropping off in phoenix and got a preplan for mon going up to norcal....when I first got on with him we sat 1/2 day before we had a preplan to head out. I guess if my trainer went up north and not just the s/west, we would get some more runs that were longer....but thats his choice on where he wants to run...He has 20 yrs on the job and likes it a lot...

5. ronnieb67

ronnieb67 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Benton City, Wa
    Hey harleyman, I can say that I have never had trouble staying busy here at GTI, and have never heard of anyone sitting more than a few hours for a load. They usually have a pre-plan on you before you even deliver the load that your on; if not then shortly thereafter. I have been in the "HeavyHaul" division these past couple of years so most of my runs are 200 to 400 miles, home several times a week and weekends. I lost a dedicated run that gave me 494 miles a night, but all good things come to an end...
    I am now looking into going back on the "48-DryVan or Reefer" division. I know that they both get plenty of miles and that is what I want now since I am putting my wife through school. As for the "Western Division" which is what you are interested in there are plenty of miles there also. I have never spoken to one of our drivers that has complained about miles in any of these divisions other than the "Heavyhaul" which is to be expected. I have been talking to our drivers here lately too because of my looking to make the switch.
    I hope this helps you and feel free to ask any other questions you have. I am a straight shooter and will tell you like it is. I like working at GTI but I am no "Recuiter" nor am I a "ButtKisser.":biggrin_25525:

6. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    I feel like a highjack:
    Harleyman: Nice looking scoot for a dyna, not my usual favorite hog. I'd add some floppy leather saddlebags to give it the "horse" look, but that's me; strictly old school!

7. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    What about the midwest drivers? I live in Ohio, and I see GTI advertising in my local newspaper. I've been with JB Hunt for the last ten years and I think it's time for me to move on. Do they keep you in a region, or do you run the whole 48? What do they pay per mile, and how good is your health insurance, and how long do I have to wait before it kicks in? (I got a diabetic wife at home.) JB is pushing all of us old timers making top pay into "regional" fleets and drastically cutting our pay. I don't mind running 48, hometime is not that big of a priority for me.

8. harleyman60

harleyman60 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Hemet,Ca.
    RedFox: Thanks for the comps on my bike its a 99' and it purrs like a kitten. A buddy of mine painted it and I put some vance and hines straight shots. And of course 16" Apes. Got to have Apes on my bikes.

Ronnieb67 : Great info on GTI . Exactly what I needed to know . Now if my last driving job would send the job verification I can get to runnin. Everythings ready to go except for that. Long as I get a truck that runs GTI and I should not have a problem

9. SoCalharley

SoCalharley Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2009
    san berdino,ca
    yes they keep you in the region if you need to and medical kicks in after 90 days,pay is on verified experience midwest makes more then the west coast the longer you stay out make a big difference in how many miles you get

10. steveluc3

steveluc3 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2008
    wintersville, ohio
    Does anyone know if Gordon is currently hiring students in the Ohio area

11. ronnieb67

ronnieb67 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Benton City, Wa
    MrMustard, your living in the midwest is nothing but a plus with GTI. That is an area that we are really pushing and expanding into. We have a little terminal in GreenBay currently and a brand new one going into Indianapolis. You can run in a region or you can run all 48. I used to go out for 2 weeks then come home for a couple of days and I did fine; it's all in how you want to run. GTI is very flexible which is why I think that they retain their drivers at a higher rate than most.
    I make .39 a mile and will be at .40 in 2 yrs. I have over 10yrs. experience but could not prove some of it. I think we top out at .42 or .43 a mile.
    Insurance is very good according to my wife...better than most she says. It kicks in after 90days and they take out the cost pre-tax like a 401k so it doesn't hurt as much.
    I do believe that you should give it a try here at GTI. I used to work for Schneider and Swift so I think the pluses with GTI far out way the minises if you know what I mean.
    They are very strict on logs. They talk the talk but I can tell you that they also back it up. Their safety rating is very important to them. They won't tolerate a care free attitude when in comes to safety or the law. Having said that they are not difficult to deal with and are very fair.
    I hope this answers some of your questions. Don't hesitate to ask anything else. I know how nerve racking a change is. I would be glad to give you the straight scoop on anything...:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.