Gordonsville VA DC

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by dmack, Aug 12, 2014.

1. dmack

dmack Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2014
    I noticed the Gordansville, VA, DC is looking for OTR drivers. I thought their freight was pulled by companies like Schneider, etc. Can somebody offer some insight? I live pretty close to this DC but would like more info before applying. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerNewbie91

TruckerNewbie91 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2013
    The DC uses Schneider, US Xpress and Walmart Drivers. Every now and then you will see other companies pulling freight like USA trucking and Arnold when the building is extremely busy in the summer time.The Walmart drivers do carry the trailers going to the stores in DC. You may want to get an endorsement for doubles. One of the stores cannot accept the normal 53 foot trailer, so they have to use the smaller trailers. You will mostly pick up and drop off dry grocery but for the DC stores, you will be carrying a reefer for the Freezer Dairy Deli and Meat and produce loads. One thing to consider is this, I do not know if they have showers at the DC for the drivers. When you talk with a hiring manager, you may want to ask that.

4. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Expect to work weekends, maybe 7 days out at a time. Just a guess.

5. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Wal Mart Don't hire fleet guys for that location. It's either Sutherland or Mt. Crawford. I looked on the Wal Mart website to confirm this and I was right.

6. dmack

dmack Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2014
    The OTR job for Gordansville, VA is gone from their site, but I did apply before they removed it. So either it was a mistake or they only wanted a limited number of applicants.

7. Extreme4x4

Extreme4x4 Medium Load Member

Jul 6, 2013
    It was not a mistake. We received a paper looking for transfers in to this DC.

8. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    That's beyond surpising. Considering that they have Mount Crawford & Sutherland an hour & half away each way, They should of put the transfers out at first. The thing is alot of those guys hate doing Grocery Drops.

9. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    They did put out transfer notices first. Had one in my mail box at the end of last month. I'll stay in Texas.

10. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I might be hijacking this thread but how strict is Wal Mart? Even tho I'm an Owner Op, I would sale my rig in a minute for that opportunity if it was worth it. I use to work out of Gordonsville

11. sidewinder767

sidewinder767 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2013
    V.A.
    Got the call from Mount Crawford. Wish me luck guys. I'm nervous. I've been driving for 30 years now and a Owner operator for 16 plus years, an always dreamed of this opportunity. To drive for one of the best in the country would be a dream come true. I would truly enjoy the professionalism.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.