Got a careless driving ticket in Kentucky, any lawyer recommendations for this?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by A Bug, Dec 2, 2021.

1. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Beware that future employer's insurance may read and treat 'Careless' as a more serious offense like 'Reckless' so getting a plea to a lesser infraction could be prudent.

Here in NJ any Careless = 2 points but Reckless = 4 points and every time we change insurance providers; I need to educate them to prevent them from scratching a good driver who got two points as they review the existing guys for the change over and automatically dump careless thinking it is equal to reckless.

Your mileage may vary but a reduced charge would look better on your record if the legal beagle can't get a dismissal..

GreenPete359 and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Roadlaw is nationwide.

There's another one I had to use as roadlaw didn't service that court. Out of their range. The name slips me at the moment but there's 2 nationwide lawyer services for truckers.

Don't subscribe to those truckstop advertised services. They're worthless.

4. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    THAT'S JUST SAD!!
    IF the DRIVER Is Not In Charge Of Parking, The Driver Then Is Not In Charge Of Direction, therefore being A Automaton.

ibcalm19 Thanks this.
  5. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    What is a sitting duck policy

6. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
  7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I'm guessing but I'm pretty sure I know what he means. Lots of companies have policies where you can't park the truck on shoulders/ramps and other places they deem to be unsafe or whatever. Many of the megas will ONLY let their goons park at truck stops which is why truck stops are the last places I will park, personally.

I'll take a SAFE exit ramp, usually an entrance ramp actually, ANY TIME over a hellhole truckstop with reefers on both sides of me hoping I don't get hit and smelling the stench of lazy human excrement all over the ground.

I guess I couldn't work for @Antinomian, sure am glad I work for me.

There are plenty of safe and legal places to park a truck. The hardliners on this site love to start arguments about what is best, safest, whatever, but it's all relative to the situation.

kylefitzy, Dennixx, Speedy356 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Phil Rich
    Daryl Isaacs
    Morgan and Morgan
    All have plenty of people to spare and offices everywhere around here. Sure one would take it up.

I was in Cincinnati last night coming back from an Xavier game and mannnn there were some ####ty truck drivers around the tunnel area. Bout became a pancake crossing the bridge. Like dude just hold the wheel it's not hard to keep it between the lines.

Don't know if the wait times at docks are that long or what the hell is going on but there have been a ton of crappy drivers out lately. Way more than usual in the big trucks.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  9. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    This is one of those times common sense needs to prevail. I have enough of common sense if I'm not able to operate a vehicle safety not continue to try & hurt myself or others. The state police officer agreed as well. I can't work for every company yours would be one of them so it's mutual.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    So you'd fire him for parking on the ramp as opposed to driving sleepy? Mind you, going those extra miles in attempt to find rest area or truck stop maybe devastating to the driver, your company, and maybe innocent motorists. If I worked for you, and you fired me for that, essentially being safe, I'd come on here and report your company in "Report a Bad Trucking Company" Forum.

VinceBlack, Dennixx, REO6205 and 2 others Thank this.
  11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    But you better be very detailed lol

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.