Got a clutch question...

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by HopeOverMope, Feb 17, 2019.

1. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    I was wondering to myself; When did the easy adjust style clutch come around? The kind that’s adjusted with a socket and a ratchet opposed to barring it over.

I was wondering if the clutch is original that I have in a 2000 model. It’s a Eaton Fuller clutch with what I think is called the ez adjust. I’m not sure if it’s an ez pedal, I don’t think it is.

I adjusted it myself today, set it to 1/2in gap and it seems to be back working well. But I did buy a new Eaton Fuller ez pedal clutch the other day as back up because one of my distributors was running a sale for $650. Then I was wondering hmmm, I wonder if it’s already been replaced before

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    The first heavy truck clutches I remember adjusted with a socket and ratchet were around 1989. Believe those were remans from the self adjusting clutches in 87 that did not work out.
    Some clutches have a lock plate which fits over the adjuster and one of the two mounting bolts. Others are spring loaded and lock in when aligned. I liked the barring tool just as well and much better than the one with the plate.
    Maybe some one else can expound on those models and years.
    My mind got called back to wa wa wa wonder why and I googled it. Some things we will just never know.

spsauerland and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.