Got in an accident, since lady left in an ambulance, a ticket had to be written..

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by AnthonyM757, Sep 9, 2017.

1. AnthonyM757

AnthonyM757 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Ok so I was in the left lane (2 lane road) going 45mph the speed limit for that road. (I was only in the left lane because my turn was coming up at the next light.)

A truck (F-150) in front of me immediately darts out of the left lane, into the right with no turn signal or braking..

And there's this car trying to make a u-turn at a complete stop, since there's no proper turning lane, she wedged herself in-between my lane, and the middle of the intersection.

So I immediately starting braking and blow my air horn for her to try to squeeze out of the lane (there was enough room for her to do so) But she stayed still , but I managed not to hit her directly from behind, just clipped her back bumper with my trailer, that tore it off... (I would have tried to get into the right lane, but there was another semi directly beside me, which that F-150 almost ran into)

There were no injuries, but the lady was so shaken up about the whole ordeal that the paramedics took her to the hospital. So the officer had to write a ticket, and wrote it up for "following too close". He then told me just to show up in court and he'll explain to the judge what had happened and most likely get it thrown out for me..

I just feel like my trucking career is most likely over... Even if I get the ticket thrown out, Coke will likely fire me and I was trying to get a job with Old Dominion or USPS, but with this, I can throw that away..

Anyone have any suggestions or been in a similar situation??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Fight it with a lawyer. Otherwise, you'll have to settle for a second chance company if Coke fires you. Even if you lose in court and Coke fires you, there will still be trucking companies that will hire you. Hire a lawyer and fight the ticket.

4. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    The officer said he was going to help you and was just doing his job. Get a signed statement from the officer and present it to your company.

AnthonyM757 Thanks this.
  5. Jazzy J

Jazzy J Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    georgia
  6. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    DO NOT FALL FOR THAT BS THE COP SAID! Get a lawyer and fight the case! You'll go in that court thinking the cop is going to help you but he will "forget".

7. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Get a laywer, you'll be fine.
    Also get a dash cam.

8. AnthonyM757

Sep 13, 2015
    Thanks everyone

I'm going to hire a lawyer and fight this!

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Should of not been busy laying on the horn. You seen what was about to happened in front of you. The reaction that it took you to lay on the horn, probably could of gave you more time o react quicker.

stayinback Thanks this.
  10. AnthonyM757

Sep 13, 2015
    I did it simultaneously...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.