Got me a Job

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Ford&JeepFan, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ford&JeepFan

Ford&JeepFan Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Well I have been looking for a while for a job to replace the one I have.
    I found one as a substitute school bus driver.
    The Pay is crap at the moment. You have to sub to get the full time spots which is fine with me as I still have my Union mechanic job.
    once I go full time (a real possiblity this coming sept) it is a 4 hour a day(7AM-9AM, 2PM-4PM), summers off, with good health insurance & Benifits and all the usual school & goverment holidays off Job. look like you would end up working 700 hours a year. It has a base pay of about $20K
    So I'll either find another part time spot, or fix my old tow truck,.....
    one full time driver right now in between morn and afternoon he hops in his coal truck and makes a run in it.
    Another one says she almost make her school bas pay driving a charter bus in the summers.
    so it looks like I'll be subbing on thursdays and fridays.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lv gn

lv gn Heavy Load Member

Jun 23, 2008
    las vegas nv.
    Congrats and good luck with the new gig.

4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    glorified babysitter while driving for 4 hours a day.....

Yeah, I did the bus driver gig while in college. It paid the bills. You will see a bunch of spoiled rotten brats that give spoiled rotten brats a bad name.

Good luck.

5. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I had to drive a bus while in the military. Both for base dependents (library tours for the kids), picking up people from the airport coming back from deployments... And I also had to shuttle around security forces personnel. Quite honestly, the little kids were the best ones out of all of them... Plus they always stayed in their seats. I would brake-check people when they hopped seats just to see how many rows they would fly forward. Good luck with your new gig. I wouldn't do it again.

6. Driver of the year

Driver of the year Medium Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tampa FL
    A Bus gig? Cmon, this is a Trucker Forum!

7. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    It is transportation related and it requires a CDL. Might not be a Class A, but at least he put it in the "local" folder. Aside... He is an ex driver. He has just as much right to post here as the rest of us. Just my opinion.

Already There Thanks this.
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Congrats,if those kids start to get out of hand,strap them to the top of the bus,lol.

9. Ford&JeepFan

Ford&JeepFan Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I'm not dumb enough to Go OTR 100 hours a week for $35K Or worse than that lease a truck go OTR 100Hours a week for the same $20K I can make driving 700 hours a YEAR.
    My time is worth more than that to me.

10. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    Brake-checkn' people? that's funny. how many rows did you get them to fly over.:biggrin_2559:

11. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    If not 5 you not doing it right !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.