Got offered a job to be a car hauler

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by lucky2021, Jan 2, 2021.

1. lucky2021

lucky2021 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Hey truckers just looking for some more information on car hauling. I am currently running flat bed but car hauling has always intrigued me. here are some questions I have if you could help me out!

Is now a good time to get into the business?

I hear you are home more often as a car hauler is that true?

How much time is spent waiting to load/unload?

Do you enjoy being a car hauler?

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Now is as good a time as any to get in the business. The bottom could drop out tomorrow, but I don’t expect it. I also didn’t expect to be laid off 3 months this year, but I was. It was still a great revenue year with 3 months off.
    Many carhaulers are home every day, every other day or at the end of the week. Depends on the company, terminal and loads you haul.
    Normally you don’t wait to load or unload. Some loading yards aren’t big enough and you wait for a spot to park. Very few locations are like this. Occasionally you will wait a little while at a dealer, but not usually.
    Do I enjoy being a carhauler. Yes most days I wouldn’t consider doing anything else for a living, but I hated it at first. 5 years ago when I was 4 years in to Car hauling I liked it enough to build a rig and become an owner operator. Best move of my career.
    What Company and location are you considering?
    Happy New Year

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  4. lucky2021

lucky2021 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Wow Congrats on being an Owner operator, I eventually wanna do the same.
    The company is called CC auto trans located in Ontario, Canada. Are you leased onto a company?

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Yes I am leased to a carrier which is best for me. I left Jack Cooper to come to Hansen and Adkins when I built the truck. Cooper didn’t have owner operators in my part of the country. Hansen and Adkins has turned out to be a great fit for me and gets me home most nights. They also have plenty of freight that delivers near or passes by my house. I likely will work here until I retire, if our freight stays the same or gets better.

6. lucky2021

lucky2021 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2021
    home every night and owner operating is what every trucker wants. Congrats im sure you are doing really good for yourself thanks for the info!

7. Farmtractor9900

Farmtractor9900 Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2020
    I worked for a car hauler out of King City and left because of the equipment.

8. lucky2021

lucky2021 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2021
    I hear ya I can't run with old equipment its way to risky going through inspections and weigh stations, these guys are saying they have newish equipment so we shall see

9. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Even with newer equipment driver inspections and proper maintenance is of key importance. Same holds with older equipment. As long it's maintained properly then you reduce risk of violations. Newer is nice tho.

Mooseontheloose and lucky2021 Thank this.
  10. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    If it's CCT, I believe they have a pretty newish fleet. I see cct all the time around NY,MI,OH. They do alot of cross border stuff for Chrysler and GM.

11. lucky2021

lucky2021 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2021
    thats good to hear, have you heard any other good things about CCT?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.