Got what I said I always wanted: front row seat to stupidity.

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Infosaur, Jul 25, 2016.

1. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Guess they also need to teach defensive driving and construction speed zones.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

You got it.

Of course this was over a month ago. I'd almost forget about it until I was checking old posts.

My company has kept me off 422. They send other drivers into Philly most times and save me for NYC, Long Island & CT.

Lucky me.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    People don't realise they are getting on an major highway until 10 seconds after "merging" on, if there is nothing in the way. Sometimes they find out much sooner. o_O

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

It never fails, if I pull to the left to let someone in, they never let me back over. They insist on passing me on the right.

poppapump1332 and tucker Thank this.
  6. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Did I say there was stopping involved? No, by my logic, if everyone drove spaced apart there would be no stopping. By your logic you get gridlock or an accident, or both. It's ironic, nobody wants to slow down at all, but that makes everyone grind to a halt and some of them will crash on a daily basis. They could probably maintain 30 to 45 mph through rush hour with no problems if everyone would cooperate. They can't even do that with giant digital reduced speed signs over every lane though, unless they're behind me... I maybe stop in freeway traffic once a month, even when surrounded by stop and go merge-o-rama half the time.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The only time people cooperated was after 9-11 happened for around 3 weeks. Everyone drove perfect all up and down. My tractor's computer turned in perfect textbook forces on braking, shifting, throttle etc. for that time period. I see that it may have been fear driving the masses to drive carefully with the endless streams of police marked and plains roaring full tilt all over.

camionneur Thanks this.
  8. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Yeah, well you had to be there... and when I've got mobs slowing down to pull behind me, I must be a magician (the old jedi mind trick). :Driver:

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.