Government over reach

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by bigguns, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    They sure have taken most of the fun out, that's most certain.

Rideandrepair and bigguns Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Finally. An update. I was notified on Apr 23 that my “review” had been completed. I had sent in my miles for May through Dec 31 again. Not a problem. However I caved and included my income for May through Dec 31. I had a small glitch that I didn’t want to cause me grief with them. For the month I sent in to them I had 2 bill of ladings that showed me over 80,000 by 300# on one and 700# on another. This turned out to not be an issue.
    Being over 80k with peanuts is either impossible or nearly impossible to fix. Ninety five percent of the buying points will not work with a guy on that. The other major player wouldn’t pay on anything over 80 so their buying points are ok with taking some off.
    Yes I passed. I sure sweated not getting an inspection without a violation while waiting on this.

xsetra and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I passed my audit a few months ago, and I was not asked about my miles or income. I think that would be redundant as they already requested my miles at the DMV before being allowed to get my TX apportioned plates. When I was leased, the big company paid for IFTA, but I was required to pay for the 2290.

If I remember correctly, I received a letter from the government where a needed to call a number that pertained to the new entrant audit. It wasn’t the audit, but more about verifying my information and informing me a bit about the audit. I do remember she asked about my expected gross income for the year.

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    They asked Me about income on new audit, and another audit 4 yrs later. I’ve also been asked many times, by officers back then during an inspection or traffic stop. Actually got pulled in to scale once, and told no problems, we’re just wondering, “How are you making it, when everyone we know got rid of their Trucks”? My answer at the time was “ I honestly don’t know, explained I had no other options, Time will tell if I’m gonna make it or not”. Once things bottomed out, and started going up. Very few were left. They were thinning the herd. Looking for illegal activities. It wasn’t very fun.Being profiled, Getting searched supposedly by random. Enough to cause paranoia.

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.