Great jobs in Texas

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by TheBreeze, Mar 2, 2008.

1. TheBreeze

TheBreeze Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Mansfield, TX.
    I work in the newly discovered oil and gas fields near Ft Worth TX. There are so many good paying jobs around here that wanted to let everyone know about them. I average $5,000 per month as an hourly driver and I am home every night. Some of these companies pay a percentage of the load, some by the hour and some will hire O/O's. Most of these jobs haul flatbed, dump, winch, pole, frac sand or water trucks. I will list a few of them below for those who might be interested.

Cheney (rock hauling), Godley TX.
    HLi, Cleburne TX.
    Vaquero Services, Godley TX.
    Tejas, Aledo TX.
    Road Runner, Rendon TX.
    Total (water) ,Cleburne TX.
    Tutle & Tutle, Cleburne TX.
    Bridgeport Tank Trucks, Cleburne TX.
    Key, Cleburne
    Pinnergy, Godley TX.
    DJB (rock) Burleson TX.
    Hodges (Heavy Haul), Alvarado TX.

These and many other companies around here will also have openings for non-CDL workers. Mercer well service, Felderhoff drilling, Pioneer Drilling, Big Dog drilling, Weatherford Fracturing.

Good Luck !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2008
    tucson, az
    thanks for the info on jobs in tx. i've been thinking of moving there but need to wait until i can sell my house in az. might be a year or two. anyway. what else can you tell me about driving in Tx? i've been wondering about san antonio or corpus christie. i'll be looking for local or regional work when i get there, would love to go O/O also. in fact i would rather but my own truck when i get their, but i want to be home too. what do you think?

4. TheBreeze

TheBreeze Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Mansfield, TX.
    I would highly suggest the Ft. Worth area. Its one of the nicest big cities in the USA, plus the job market is red hot with all the gas wells going in. Tutle & Tutle pays their owner ops really well from what Ive heard too. I've worked for both Tejas and Vaquero and they both pay hourly and most everyone makes over $1000-$1200 per week and home every night. Good luck.

BigJon310 Thanks this.
  5. Captamb1

Captamb1 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Ca.
    Hey Aqualung I am in the same boat, I want to move back to my home town C.C. but need to sell my house in So. Cal. first but the market needs to turn around. I will be starting school this month at Watkins / Shepard and plan on driving for them for a year or 2 then if the market is better sell the house and move to Texas.
    Good Luck

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    Lots of oil drilling going on in east tx now too. Heck I wish they would take to one down in my back yard!!! lol

I just moved here from WI. My house was for sale for a year and a half. I ended up putting it to action after lowering the price $40k and still not being able to sell it. Funny thing is at auction the same people looking at it before came and I sold it for the same rice I couldn't get on the regular market

7. Aqualung

Aqualung Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2008
    tucson, az
    beings were all talking about texas, i haven't been out of az in about 12 years since i came off long haul. being drivers, what do you guys think about texas in general? i personally am tired of seeing arizona turn into california and am looking for a little of that old fashiond,small town, back home, type of place. i think i can find that in TX, maybe in an outlying area to these big cities? of course being a driver i seem to need to be near the action. so let me know what you guys think about things like, local traffic, weather, laws and d.o.t. etc.
    thanks
    :biggrin_2554:

8. bob wood

bob wood Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2008
    virginia
    can a guy thats 53 with 24 years experince in dumptrucks and tractor trailer,s, with a good driving record ,get one of those jobs? im in virginia but got family in texas.

9. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Yes. Midland TX a few hundred miles west of DFW is having a heck of a boom as well. Fast food joints paying up to $10-12 hr to get help. Plenty of driving jobs too.

10. tuckerndfw

tuckerndfw Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    CAUTION!!!! CAUTION!!! CAUTION!!!!

This is called a "boom" and will be followed by a "bust."

It will only last as long as they are drilling (five years of less).

No one should move his family anywhere based on an oil or gas field boom unless he likes moving his family around.

It will not last.

11. bob wood

bob wood Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2008
    virginia
    ya mean like the bust in 1998?

jerryy123 and seawind Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.