Great jobs in Texas

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by TheBreeze, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Echo2020

Echo2020 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2011
    hardy, arkansas
    Sounds like fun & good money too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    When I was pulling outta Texas. I knew a person who went to work for the oil fields. With his experience [8yrs] they were starting him out at 18.00 per hour. 9 days of work outta 2 wks. 14 hr days with plenty of over time. As for it being a easy job. Nope it sure isn't. Bumped into him before I left that area he work his 14 hour and he looked like he had his ars handed to him. Asked him how it was going: "Its going well just working my ars off. Making decent money as well but I'm beat when I'm done with work."

You will for sure work for your money.

4. br38821

br38821 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2011
    amory,ms
    check out taylorlogistics.com

5. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    nothin wrong with hard work dont wanna be a big fat driver
    i have a friend down there. he says there is lot of water hauled for drilling and sludge.he prefers crete.
    i think you can go 16 hours in oil fields.
    last night they had a program on cable about the bakken fields in north dakota .
    there were peterbilt tankers on the screen all the time. i heard guy say he got hired in noth dakota for 18$ an hour
    if you can hop on a plane and travel and make money thats what its all about. its easy to stay home or work for a huge truckling company that will only let you see your girl once a month

MoneyCat and Taino Thank this.
  6. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..how can this be classified as a "favorite trucking co." when he hasn't even started working there yet? Work there for 6 months then let us know what you think about them.. :biggrin_25511:

7. okiejon

okiejon Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Ringling,Ok
    Plains is playing nearly 100k annually in some locations. I worked for the 2+ years hauling crude. They NEVER run over hours. Usually 5 on 2 off,10 to 12 hour days. I now work for Sunoco hauling crude.Never allowed to go over. Union job,10 hours per day. I know many crude haulers with many companies.None go over 70 ever.

Now you make be thinking of water haulers...been there....24 on,36 on etc..

8. okiejon

Aug 6, 2010
    Ringling,Ok
    BTW,Falco is needing crude haulers in the San Antinio are as they called me(app on file) Not sure what they are paying but I would assume 70k or so. All crude companies have excellent benefits as well.
    I worked many years in the oilfield as both an OO and a company driver.
    Bobtail work is nasty at times when picking up spills,etc. Transports can be really nasty as well but hauling flowback is gravy.
    Crude hauling pays best and is the easiest. Yes,rough roads.Yes Snakes and wasps,Yes,it can be nasty..but you can learn how to get around that.Learn your leases and leave the thief in the truck. I never theif a tank,always belly line it. The only way I get dirty is if I bump a hose on my jeans.

9. okiejon

Aug 6, 2010
    Ringling,Ok
    One other thing as I dont log on that much.If anyone is looking to haul crude,check out where Plains is hiring first.They are the best company I know of.I should have never left and will be first in line if they ever need another driver here.Pay is about 90k which includes a 3000.00 safety bonus each quarter.

10. CallMeArty

CallMeArty HaMMeRED DoWN

Apr 6, 2010
    TEXAS
    I know a 25 year old kid who is a walking talking zombie making 2800 a week hauling in the oil fields of Texas.. I know for certain he don't run legal. Somehow some way he does his job and aint giving it up. Just saying...

11. okiejon

Aug 6, 2010
    Ringling,Ok
    He aint hauling crude. He must be hauling water,flowback etc. Ive seen them sleeping in their hose trays. Crude pays better and run legal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.