Great News! (Kind of)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by UKwildcatfan, Feb 23, 2017.

1. UKwildcatfan

UKwildcatfan Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2017
    I only sleep on my side/stomach too and I can concur. They want you to sleep on your back. I simply could not.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    You do realize that over medicating yourself could give false results. Drinking NyQuil plus taking a Xanax will amplify the effects.

Duurtipoker Thanks this.
  4. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    So what happens when you say no?

5. UKwildcatfan

Feb 11, 2017
    I know, but this was the doctor's advice. I may be wrong, but this is just a giant money racket in my opinion. Chances are I won't be able to sleep a second time. I don't know what they do in that situation.

6. UKwildcatfan

Feb 11, 2017
    The wires are so crazy it's hard to sleep on your side/ stomach. I finally talked him into letting me try my stomach and you can't because the wires are pulling on you and the thing sticking out of your nose keeps falling out. I sleep like a cat anyways, literally everything wakes me up. I don't know how I am going to be able to do this.

7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    When I took mine they wanted a minimum of 6 hours of sleep. I went in at 7pm, didn't feet to sleep till midnight, they woke me at 6am. They told me I was borderline. My problem was restless leg syndrome. Which I've had since I was a kid

Duurtipoker Thanks this.
  8. UKwildcatfan

Feb 11, 2017
    They didn't tell me how much they wanted but, I went in at 9 and it took until 12 to get the wires hooked up and ready for sleep. I layed there until 5 am with my eyes shut and couldn't sleep. Longest night of my life. I guess I will just keep going back until they get pissed at me for not sleeping. I literally can't help it. I told the doctor I was the most restless sleeper I knew, and even at home every little thing wakes me up.

9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I would skip the NyQuil idea and go with their Xanax option. Then go from there

10. UKwildcatfan

Feb 11, 2017
    I'm doing both. I'm 6'6 385. I got a feeling one xanax isn't going to put me to sleep in a strange place, hotter than hell, and with wires all over me, sleeping on my back, with a microwave ding going off every 30 minutes because the tech was eating and doing laundry while I was trying to sleep.

Steinbrenner Thanks this.
  11. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    The test saved my life, or at the very least, certainly extended it. I stop breathing for 42 seconds on average, per minute. Oxygen saturation was that of someone with COPD. And, I was never in R.E.M. Perhaps in the trucking industry it's a scam, but not where I come from.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.