Greatest tractor picture ever

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Cat sdp, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You believe, so you don't know.
    How many other companies have you targeted in your enlightening posts? Or FB, whatever that is.

You seem to be here just to trash Swift.
    Sad, really.

So Swift has the most new drivers and some make mistakes. Granted some of them are idiotic and stupid.
    But Swift is not a bad company to work for. They are one of a few that let new drivers in, and some of those drivers are just plain dumb.

Those pictures should be presented to inform new drivers, with any company, that they need to learn as well as they can so as to avoid the same thing happening to them.
    And I'll bet you could find similar pictures from hundreds of companies, maybe even more from O/O's doing stupid things.

Too many new drivers have a very bad attitude or unreal expectations when entering this field of work.
    Too many new drivers want to hot rod their way through, instead of actually learning from the training. They think they are 'better than that' and are using the starter company as a jump off point and nothing more.

You can bash Swift all you want, but in the end it is those drivers that are serious about being safe that will make it - at any company.
    Swift just gives more wannabe's a chance to prove themselves, one way or the other.

But it is also up to the individual to decide to be safe.

Nearly 7 years ago when I started at Swift I decided that I would run my truck the way I wanted, and not exactly how the company expected me to run it.
    The expectation was to run as hard as possible to make the most miles and loads. I say nay, nay!
    That kind of thinking leads to mistakes, as in the pictures you put up.

Swift makes a great effort to train new drivers correctly, but they fail in a few areas.
    First, they try to get drivers to run as hard as possible - as most companies do I might add.

Second, they do not monitor the mentors as they should. And that is much of the problem.
    So many mentors are simply in it for the money, not about the actual training.
    I was lucky with mine, as he actually trained me.

And third, they hire too many all the time.
    They seem to think that hiring more bodies will get better results.
    They fail to understand that a fewer number will achieve a better result, because those few will get better training.

I'll add a fourth.
    Pay the mentors, not based on miles and getting that trainee to team status as soon as possible, but based on actually producing a safe and productive driver.
    The bonus for training a driver (I think it is .01cpm from when the driver goes solo, for a year. Not really sure, however.) should not begin until that driver has at least 6 months in with Swift.

From what I have seen, it is many of the mentors and some of the DM's that are the biggest problem.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
  4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    top this one kids, and they are always hiring:)
    upload_2017-10-31_6-58-38.jpeg

5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Makes me wonder what was he thinken.

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes, i can see that too.....

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    it just continues to astound me, the crap these so-called drivers do day in and day out.

if swift were to go bankrupt today, and all drivers went home without a job, who in thier right minds, would hire any of'em?

unless a swift driver had a crystal clear driving/work record, i'd say to hom, "we are only accepting applications at this time, and we will call you IF you meet our criteria"....only because, you cannot refuse anyone the right to fill out a job application.

i know, i ran a business. (just not a trucking business) and you cannot deny anyone from seeking employment.

Prohibited Practices

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandto...gresumeswhenanemployerhasnopositionsopen.aspx

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  9. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
  10. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    And if the guy with the corner storage unit "remodel"
    had been hauling doubles - he would have made it!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.