Greetings from Southern Colorado

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Dennsco, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Dennsco

Dennsco Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2020
    Saguache Colorado
    Hello everyone, I am new to these forums but used to OTR all 48, did reefer, van, flatbed, drop decks, and hauled aggregate, and construction for several years locally.
    I then quit driving and worked in a machine shop for several years so I could be home for my family, but during that time I stupidly let me CDL go after forgetting to get a dot physical when I went to renew my license.
    Years later and with my children all grown adults and on thier own I am now working on reinstating my CDL and getting back into driving, never left my blood and actually been missing it for a long time. I purchased an older 379 back in January for peanuts from a local ag hualer and have been working on it since summer, she is just about ready to go back on the road too! I plan to drive more local than running 48, but will have to see how it works out. Things have certainly changed since I quit 20 years ago! My 379 is powered by a good old mechanical 3406B so no ELD, but I am relearning the paper logbooks and trying to understand the HOS structure and all the other new things!
    Looking forward to learning more on these great forums.

Flat Earth Trucker and Hulld Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Howdy from Salida! I retired from trucking in Colorado from Wisconsin after 35 years, and have no hankerin' whatsoever, to run the hills in a semi, but, you already have the truck, a truck many would like to have these days, so I suppose you could give it a go. Pre-emission trucks are the hot button today. Insurance, ironically, will kill ya'. And if something does happen, the "Strong Arm" will take you to the cleaners. All I see out here are flatbeds. Hey, I heard one I never thought of, guys are hauling tanker loads of water to these dope houses, that apparently use a ton of water, something in short supply here. 379 my favorite truck, pull an RV with it, but don't sell it. Good luck, if you're running up Hy. 50, through the canyon, give me a holler.

Flat Earth Trucker and Dennsco Thank this.
  4. Dennsco

Dennsco Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2020
    Saguache Colorado
    Howdy Semi-Retired, thanks for the advice! Thats not a bad idea about hauling water, and yes the insurance costs are steep! I am currently looking for a good used Flatbed spreadaxle, lots of hay to hual here! I go through Salida often we will have to grab coffee sometime.

201 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.