GRRRRRRRR! werner

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by :kimberlee:, Jan 6, 2010.

1. :kimberlee:

:kimberlee: Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2010
    tulsa, OK
    my fiance just got hired with werner.... well he was really excited about it and went in for orientation last thursday and has been stuck at their hotel in dallas for a week now. he finished orientation last saturday! he is really upset that they haven't got anything together for him. the guys that were in there the first day of orientation have already left with a trainer earlier this week and they just keep telling him to call back the next day, the next day, the next day.... come on really!?!?! he's already gonna be out training for a few weeks but he has to get out there first and they got him stuck in that hotel and act like they don't really know what's goin on themselves. sorry just had to vent. he has already called around for local jobs here in tulsa so hopefully either they will get a move on or he can come home and get to work for real.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. frdr

frdr Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    houston, tx.
    Get used to it. That's the trucking business. Wait until they really start jerking him around.

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

4. utahhomesick

utahhomesick Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV
    I feel for you, but think of it as working on commission. You don't get paid if you aren't moving product. Sometimes drivers sit for a week at a time and this is not a "get rich" business. It's a lifestyle and if he doesn't have someone at home that can support him emotionally he isn't going to make it. Trucking is a stressful job and if you don't have the support from family then ya might as well hang it up. Just my two cents worth.

5. usedtire

usedtire Light Load Member

May 15, 2009
    NJ
    Hi there,more info look under this company DAC report,This is an botom feeder,whats an botom feeder,they hire newbie,s ,and kept turning them over,there turn over rate is over 100%,dont believe me,check the site a little more about Werner .:biggrin_25513:

6. :kimberlee:

:kimberlee: Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2010
    tulsa, OK
    i totally support him in whatever he does. and he is getting paid because he is between orientation and training. it's just taking forever for them to get him a trainer when he has already seen two groups go through orientation and go out with trainers but they just don't have one for him yet. that's the frustrating part about it. we expected most of this but when they told him it would only be 3 days at the most to get him a trainer and it's been 7 it's kinda discouraging.

7. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    One reason he might be sitting so long is that freight out of laredo is scarce. When I worked for Werner i sat in Laredo for 5 days...because there was no freight and 75 other drivers were at the terminal at the same time I was.

By the way, is he looking for a trainer that does not smoke? If so, he may be waiting a long time. If he can suffer with a trainer who smokes, that might speed up his leaving Dallas.

8. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    It is? Now someone tells me! I'll stop going to Laredo now! I never knew that the freight I pulled out of there was a scarce commodity. BTW, I don't driver for Weener. I guess that is why I can find scarce freight!

9. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Maybe he requested a non smoking trainer?

10. jesslbt1985

jesslbt1985 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2010
    bigelow ar
    tell him to tell is trainer dispatch that if they do not want to put him with a trainer to just send him home and let him know when they get a trainer for him my ex boyfriend worked for them and it seemed to work with a lot of trainees they got assigned a trainer that day but look on the bright side he is bring in 300 a week for just sitting around it does not matter where he is if he is with a trainer or not or the truck he is in during trianing he is still getting a 300 hundred dollar check unlike the drivers that is there waiting on there trucks in the shop also tell him that if his trainer when he gets one does not want to pull into the yard and wants him to walk over to the pilot not to do it because that driver probliy know that his truck has something wrong with it and does nto want to get red tagged that is the only time a driver does nto want to go in the yard and the people that he has seen come and go are most likly expericed truckers

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  11. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    When I worked for werner i had to wait almost 2 weeks. They told me that I had to wait for a female trainer because I im a female even though I said I didnt request a female I really didnt care as long as they didnt smoke but they said they had to get me a female but I was still paid the $300 a week and then I finally got a trainer and surprise surprise it was a male. He was ######### to say the least but he shopuld keep calling his student dispatcher .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.