GTI

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by nokpoint, Mar 12, 2007.

1. nokpoint

nokpoint Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2007
    N.E. Ohio
    Have any of you worked for this company?what is hometime like?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oregonbandit

oregonbandit Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2007
    rathdrum,id
    usually you get hometime 2 days for 2 weeks out 3 days 3 weeks out. but they r good w/ more than that . it all depends on how close you r 2 a shipper,consigner or one of the gti yards. im home everyother day bcuz im on canada dedicated. i live right in the middle of shipper and consigner. have a gr8t week. THE BANDIT>:biggrin_25518:

4. ronnieb67

ronnieb67 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Benton City, Wa
    I work for GTI's heavy haul division but I have teamed with them in the past with my brother. They are a very good company and will get you home when you want. I know when I teamed I spent a lot of time in Ohio,Illinois,Iowa,Indiana,and Wisconsin. We have a terminal in Indianapolis and Green Bay. The customers are easy to deal with too.

5. Chuckster

Chuckster Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I am new to Gordon Trucking, I start my training this week. I really like how they stress saftey. Because that's my intention. I mean things happen but if your honest and up-front your ok right? If I can't make a load because I'm short on hours or traffics bad etc. they won't get bent will they? I'll try my best but thats it - right?

6. ronnieb67

ronnieb67 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Benton City, Wa
    Like any other trucking company the dispatchers sometime like to give you a load without looking or knowing that you don't have the hours to do it. My advice to you is when you get a pre-plan look at it good; compute out your hours and don't agree to it untill you know you can complete it with a few hours of pad. Never and I mean Never agree to a preplan untill you have had time to really scrutinize your ability to do it with the time that you have available. Don't let your dispatcher push you. The number one thing that Gordon preaches is "Can you do it Legally and Safely?" If you can't then tell them no. They won't be mad and they won't hold a grudge against you. If they do they will be fired. I know this first hand and I can tell you that Gordon is a great place to drive for.

cpassey and Papa T Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.