Guaranteed $X,XXX Weekly job listings

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Zanadu, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Zanadu

Zanadu Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2021
    I spent the last couple of hours just browsing thru the various trucking companies listed in the jobs section on here and I am seeing a couple of trends. The higher the CPM or Guarantee posted in the job listing the more complaints they seem to have in the forum section and for those that offer a guarantee of sorts they never explain in detail what the requirements are to qualify for it. A good example is K&B Transportation. On the company website all it says is "If we can't get you to 2,500 miles in a week, we pay you the difference", and in another area it says does not apply to weekly home dedicated route positions. Does anyone have the actual list of what the requirements are?

Allot of the complaints seem to be around not getting the weekly minimum so I am just trying to understand what happens.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The weekly guarantee is based on you being available for a 7 day week (Monday thru sunday)
    So if your broked down or on home time your not available...

4. Zanadu

Zanadu Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2021
    That seems pretty straight forward if those are the only two requirements. Breakdowns hopefully are not a weekly occurrence and if you are at home I would not expect them to pay me any guarantee. For someone like me that is not looking to get home very often it does not sound like a bad deal unless I am missing something and that is very possible.

5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    If you sit 20 hrs loading you drive tired or not refusal loses the guarantee I bet.

SoulScream84 and flood Thank this.
  6. Zanadu

Zanadu Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2021
    This is exactly why I was asking if anyone actually knows the exact requirements. There must be something in writing from the company right ?

7. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    It locks drivers in at a low rate with an empty promise. K&b starts ALL drivers @ 54cpm. They’re saying you’ll gross $1,350/wk if everything goes right. You want to take hometime? No guarantee. Your truck breaks down? No guarantee. WY DOT shuts down I-80 and you’re stuck in Laramie for two days? No guarantee. Reefer unit starts throwing error codes and you have to take it to the shop? No guarantee. If you’re running and available for all 7 days and they can’t dispatch you for 2,500 miles they will make sure you gross $1,350 - about 2/3rd of what an experienced driver can make driving.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One driver on this forum worked for K&B for 2 or 3 years and said he missed the guaranteed pay one time only. He said it's easy to get, just follow the rules.
    He liked working there and I think he left for some other occupation.
    ~
    Most companies with a guarantee minimum pay only hire drivers with 6 - 12 mos. experience.
    Great Plains Transport is one of them and still get the pay when you take hometime off.

9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    look at recruiters as timeshare salesmen and you will be ok, like everything read the fine print, they make it fine so small minds wont take the time to read it. they are essentially what pedophiles are to kids.

RockinChair and Zanadu Thank this.
  10. Zanadu

Zanadu Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2021
    I think that is probably about the best way to view this issue. Thanks!.

11. Bakari742

Bakari742 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    I worked for K&B and they are really good for anyone who likes to work. I was happy there years, until December 2017 when I left to start my own business.

bzinger and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.