Guess I've had the white line fever my whole life

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by 207nomad, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio
    Better pic...

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    I see he was leased to Lancer (Jones Motor Freight SC),good operation.I used to trip lease iron from them back to York,Baltimore,and Philly for the Lancer agent in East Gary,Indiana,back in the 70's when steel still ruled the Midwest.Was a good agent,always had no tarp steel,used to get about $2.25-$2.50 a hundred back then,decent rate to get home with in them days.Load as much weight as you want and go.The agents name was Bill Hudson,IIRC.

Grubby Thanks this.
  4. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio
    Yeah that old KW hauled a lot of steel! He was with them fer quite some time. Do you know what ever happened to the Lancer Division?

5. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    I think Lancer Division just faded away like most of the big iron hauling outfits.Combination of deregulation,brokering,and the disappearence of steel mills and heavy industry in our country,esp. in the Midwest-Northeast.
    I guess Jones Motor Freight is still around in one way or another,can't keep track of it anymore,seems like trucking changes by the hour,glad I'm retired.Only thing I really miss is my truck.

Grubby Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.