H and M Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by THE ROOKIE, Mar 24, 2016.

1. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    It has been a long time since I posted anything on here. I feel that after the life changing event that took place on March 12 2016 that nearly took my life I needed to give an enormous thanks to the company that I have been working at for the past year and a half. I was sleeping at our customers location when at eleven thirty p.m my truck caught fire. I was hooked to a hazmat load that had class 3 and class 9 materials in bulk. I had about a minute and a half to get my dog and myself out of the truck and I lost everything but my phone and my passport. All I had on was my sleeping pants and a pair of socks. As I was sitting in the back of a fire truck as they were putting out the fire all I thought about was what was I going to do in a strange city with no clothes or shoes and no ability to purchase any because I dropped my wallet in the rush to leave the truck.

This is where my company comes in. They made arrangements with our customer to get me to a hotel and settled in for the night. The next day the operations mgr. drove from Omaha to Ames,Ia on Sunday to bring me 200.00 cash and copies of my medical card and license. He also had my prescription picked up and paid for it himself. The next day they brought me a brand new truck and got me a load headed home so I could get my affairs in order. He told me to give him an itemized list of everything I lost as well as the replacement cost and the owner would reimburse me for everything. Well the total came to 2061.00 dollars and the following Monday I had the money direct deposited into my acct. I was also informed that whatever cost I incurred to get my license and ss card and any other items replaced that they will reimburse me for that as well.

I cant say enough good about this company and I have been meaning for some time to post about this company on here but now I feel really compelled to share what a wonderful co. I work for. Thanks to the owner Mr. Randy Mueller for providing a really good place to call home. In the coming days I will share more info about this company. If anyone is interested in seeing the pictures of what was left of my truck they can visit my good friend Johnboy's thread called Abilene a new place to call home. I sent him the pictures and he uploaded them. They are on page 594 of his thread. I would load them here but I don't know how.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Glad you're ok! Just goes to show there's good people in this crazy world.

G13Tomcat, JohnBoy and THE ROOKIE Thank this.
  4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Glad you were able to get out..
    How did the fire start, have they figured that part out yet?

G13Tomcat, JohnBoy and THE ROOKIE Thank this.
  5. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    They thought it was the inverter but more than likely a short in the battery box area. The place I was staying at checked their security cameras and said just before the fire started the lights flashed on and off 4 times then the fire started just below the drivers door.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's truely an awesum story.I spoke with the owner a few yrs back and he hired me.Come the day of the physical I failed because my BP was too high and couldn't lower it.Glad you and your dog made it out of your trk safely.Items can be replaced but lives can't.

THE ROOKIE, G13Tomcat and JohnBoy Thank this.
  7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Love you Brother.

THE ROOKIE and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    @TROOPER to TRUCKER . . . just wow, bro. Thought you might want to read this thread. Nice to hear a company backing up their man, for a change also.
    O/P . . . just wow. You are blessed to be alive, and your canine companion, as well. All the metal and material stuff can be replaced; not you 2 though.
    Best of luck and wishes to you, man.
    Glad you've got a buddy thru this, also. Means a lot.

JohnBoy and pattyj Thank this.
  9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Here ya go, man. Sheesh. God Bless. Johnboy is your angel. God gives us all at least one.

ATTACHED FILES:
    man o man.. you are so blessed to be alive, O/P.
    (it was page 594 i had to hunt for it. Hope you are okay, man. Both of you.)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    Reason for edit: double quoted
    pattyj, THE ROOKIE and JohnBoy Thank this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I normally leave religion for that thread. However in this case I think God had his hand on you. So glad your company took care of you also. Not many of those companies around.

11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Amen!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.