H & M Trucking Van Division

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bro_Dave, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Yes. I pay $76.25/ wk. for health insurance for myself. It is a high deductible health plan but they put $1000/yr into your HSA.

JForce28, pagan22 and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    When I was home last time I got a letter from Blue Cross of Nebraska saying the Deductible was $5500. In orientation we were given paperwork that showed $3000 so I called and was told the deductible and out of pocket limits are both $3000. They have a supplemental insurance that kicks in after 3K.
    Also they put $1000 in the HSA account every year.
    I have an HSA from a former employer and I also had one at my last employer (I was working for the federal government as an Army Civilian on Ft. Benning) They put in $75/mo.
    My HSA is with HSA Bank. After a certain amount they let you invest in low-cost Mutual funds. Mine has done pretty well. I noticed Fidelity also offers one.

pagan22 Thanks this.
  4. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    I've decided to start posting a little more on this thread to keep it going so everyone feel free to jump in if you would like.
    Right now I am on a load from IA going to Lima OH.
    Then bounce to Lewisburg OH for a load going to Council Bluffs that I am dropping at our yard in Omaha. Going to be Downright cold there Saturday night. Last time I checked the temp was going to be -5 and feels like -25.

Speed_Drums and bzinger Thank this.
  5. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    I live in Columbus GA and my load coming out of the house last week went to North Dakota (1713 miles). Omaha and Iowa are cold and I wouldn't want to live there but North Dakota is a whole other level of cold that to me just seems almost like barren land.

pagan22, BeHereNow97 and bzinger Thank this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Sounds like h@m got theyre head out of theyre arse finally and figured out drivers won't stick around for 1800 miles a week and never home .

buckmanmike Thanks this.
  7. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    My neighbor turned me on to some streaming options in the truck. I have unlimited data on my phone.
    One option was Hoopla which is free from my library. I can download 20 titles per month for free. Free movies/books etc. Seems to be a lot of good options. I did watch a good movie on there last weekend called "The magic of Belle Isle" .It starred Morgan Freeman.
    They have the first two seasons of Bonanza I can watch without it counting towards the limit through February.
    That seems to be my main thing right now is just fighting Boredom during downtime. I can kill a half a day pretty easy but having to kill 24 hours is tough.

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    Wow! I didn't know about that. They also have a hopper division that I'm not familiar with. I seem to average about 2700-2800 mi. a week.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I was there from 2008 to 2012 as an OO on the van division.
    The last year I was there they went to short hauling ag chemicals and everyone but the drivers made money and why most quit .
    I think after Chuck passed away randy realized there was a problem and righted the ship ...glad things are going well for you ! And will watch your thread .
    Randy is a good guy but he's hard headed and tends to wait until problems slap him before he takes action ....h@m is a dam Good company when randy is keeping his eye on it .

Speed_Drums and Bro_Dave Thank this.
  10. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    It's kind of funny how things have evolved for me.
    I used to work for Marten Transport doing reefer work and I averaged 2800 miles/wk.
    So when I switched to Dry Van I figured I could average 3000 mi/wk, but when my miles were lower than expected I decided that if I had a run with extra time on it to just enjoy the extra time. Kind of like how sometimes you run hard and some days are easy days.
    Well, I talked to management and was told that their goal was to get me 2500 miles per week. That left me thinking "Maybe I need to lower my expectations"
    Which was kind of a bad feeling.
    Then a few weeks ago I stopped by Omaha to get my permits. I talked to my dispatcher and told him that I had 2 or 3 loads in a row that seemed to have too much time on them. I also mentioned that management said that they wanted 2500 miles a week.
    He told me that he's not happy with 2500 miles a week. He's a former driver.
    Then he told me that if I get a load that I can deliver early to call him and he'll try to get the delivery moved up.
    So things are working pretty smoothly now.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.