H.O. Wolding is a TERRIBLE company!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Hartleyfamily, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hartleyfamily

Hartleyfamily Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2011
    TN
    I am the wife of a trucker who was recently let go from H.O. Wolding by the safety director. He was let go after completing his training, right before he was headed out to take his first load in his own truck.
    My husband has been around tractor trailers all of his life. My father in law owns his own trucking company. Nonetheless, my husband is going into this as a new driver. He got his CDL in December and started working for H.O. Wolding in January of this year (2011).
    My husband rode up to WI with another driver for orientation. They make you stay in their bunkhouse, which has bunkbeds. The town is so small, you cannot even get cell phone reception and internet is a hit or miss. It was very hard for us to communicate. Nonetheless, my husband stuck with it and once he went out on the road with a trainer, he was able to come home for two weeks. You have to acheive 5k miles before you are even sent back to the yard.
    After being out on the road, they require you to come back to the yard, where they leave you twiddling your thumbs while they try to figure out what to do with you. They give you a road test and if you fail it, they send you home (the road test is after you have already driven their trucks for three weeks!). They also given you another written test and a field test (this is for the second time because they give one in orientation). Additionally, they require you to buy $200+ of equipment, including a second key for THEIR truck and misc. items that they should furnish!!! They tell you that if you don't buy these items, they will send you home.
    The entire time you are up there at the yard, they are looking for a reason to send you home. Any little thing you do will get you sent home. My husband was 1 of 6 drivers that quit or got fired in one week.
    If you are going to drive for them be prepared to spend alot of money upfront in addition to spending money for food while you are up there. They hold your first week's pay, which they don't you about upfront. They only pay for food during orientation. Also be prepared to be sent home at ANYTIME without cause. My husband was sent home for not revealing military experience on his applicationl; however, he was NEVER in the military! He FALSIFIED NOTHING on his application and was sent home for NO reason. He tried to tell the safety director that he was never in the military and so did I when I called him. He called us a bunch of liars. This after driving 3200 miles for them in the FIRST week!!! He was sent home on a Greyhound Bus in the middle of a winter storm.
    PLEASE, PLEASE stay away from this company!!!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
    Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    What gave them the idea he was in the military if he wasn't?

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. Hartleyfamily

Feb 5, 2011
    TN
    They claim that they pulled his information up and it showed 8 years of military experience. He is a junior and his Dad was in the military; however, we know the records are not mixed up. My father in law receives VA services which he would not receive if his military experience was mixed up with my husband. What reason would my husband have to lie about his military experience!!! The safety director was just looking for a reason to get rid of him! He didn't like him because my husband told him that they needed to salt/sand the field that they were testing drivers on because the tractors were slipping!

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    Sounds to me like wrongful termination.......what a bunch of BS....get a lawyer, so you can recover costs spent during orientation and to also make sure they do not hit his DAC with incorrect information

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  6. Hartleyfamily

Feb 5, 2011
    TN
    I agree RocknRoll...wrongful termination it is!!!

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    That is a bunch of BS. I agree with rocknroll. As soon as hubby gets another job, file a law suit against HO Wolding. Have him check out Maverick Transport if he does not mind driving flatbed. Also, your hubby has options on companies to choose from since you guys live in a good freight area.

KH

Oldironfan and Hartleyfamily Thank this.
  8. robert929

robert929 Bobtail Member

I'm kinda curious, I know nothing about H.O. Wolding, I've seen them on the road, but according to you, your father-in-law owns his own trucking company. I guess this is a one truck operation, if not why doesn't your husband go and work with him? You say that they only pay for food in orientation, okay, name me a company that pays meals, AFTER ORIENTATION!! I think that, that's a blessing that he got his meals paid!! I believe the military experience excuse is garbage.... Something isn't right here, I mean, we all, AMERICANS, have one unique thing about us and that's our serial number. For those that don't know, that's your Social Security number. I'm a junior and I've never worked for Dow Chemical and my dad has never been accused of being in the U.S. ARMY. My son is a third and he's never been confused with either!!! The name game just doesn't work. I'd be interested to find out the REAL reason your husband was fired, because none of what I've listed off of your post adds up. I ain't sayin' your lying, but, I'm just sayin' something just doesn't add up. Maybe YOU haven't been told all that has been said or all that happened. Being from Columbia, Tn. why didn't y'all chose something like Western Express or US Express? Just asking..... Good luck.

Snoogler, Oldironfan and jbatmick Thank this.
  9. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Yeah, something ain't right here.
    The rest of the story ?:yes2557:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    Snoogler Thanks this.
  10. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Wisconsin is also an at will state.
    Meaning that they don't have to have any reason to fire him. They can do it at will, for any reason or none at all.
    It sucks that it happened, but in Wis. its not against the law.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  11. Hartleyfamily

Feb 5, 2011
    TN
    Actually, my father in laws company has 6 trucks total. He doesn't drive for him because he hauls explosives etc out of CA. We live in TN and do not want to relocate back to CA where we are from.
    As far as the company paying meals, I feel that if they have him come back up to the yard for a week after he is out on the road, they should pay for his meals. That is not the real issue here any ways. The real issue is that they fired him for no reason. I was simply using the meals as an example for drivers to understand that they will have to have money upfront for these expenses.
    There is not more to the story that my husband is hiding. I talked with the safety director myself who told me why he let my husband go and it is EXACTLY as I stated here. I understand about the social security numbers, I am not an idiot; however, my husband tried to reason with the SD and was just told he was a liar. We put in apps with Western and US; however, HOW was one of the first to contact and he liked what the recruiter said when he came to his school.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.