Hack elogs

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by jaielv, Jul 16, 2017.

1. jaielv

jaielv Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2010
    joliet,il
    Not to worry I'm sure this is going to get resolved by a hacker! The only thing we have to do is search what system has been hacked. It will cost money but at least we will beat the system!

Dexterr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Because following the law is so hard...

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Do you drive in the USA? Or pull any kind of freight that is time sensitive or where you need to coordinate with other people who don't know how hos rules work or care if you follow or break them?

It is so easy to stay legal in Canada under our rules. USA is a completely different animal.

25(2)+2, not4hire and Zeviander Thank this.
  5. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    I have not pulled in the US yet, no, but I learned and adapted in Canada fairly easily. I get paranoid when I have a marker light out in the middle of the day, I couldn't run cooked books even if my life depended on it.

I wish all the drivers fighting the elogs would have spent more time fighting the unfair Hours of Service.

6. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Then you can't say a statement like "following the law is so hard".

There are several examples of how we try to do our best and while yes we "cheat" a little bit we can't call all cheating the same, you can't punish the "I moved from one parking space to another because I came in late and parked stupid but then at 5 am I moved my truck to a legal space in the truck stop" so why should I have to restart my break, honestly? With the guy that does 1000 miles a day.

All that is happening is they are putting the driver often in a position of, break the law while keeping customer happy, or, annoy customer saying you can't even move it to the dock or else you'll have to restart your break or you can't leave once empty and then you will be legal *if* you happen to get inspected in the next week (or 2 for Canada). Which do you choose? Keep customer happy and really you are doing your best? Or break the law and hope you don't get caught? You can bet what most people will do, which is where my statement about "I don't want to feel like I am on a big roulette wheel" comes from.

swaggerjacker Thanks this.
  7. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    your not helping your case when you use moving from one parking spot to another in the same location as an argument against ELD's I have used 4 different platforms of ELogs and as long as you drive under 4/5 mph you can move quite far, please turn your 4-way flasher's on first. I drove 2 plus miles about a month ago at 4mph about a month ago. I was at the Lansing Meijer dist. and they were doing construction on the main gate so trucks had to use the south gate. I needed to get back to there parking lot and had to drive around a couple city blocks. thank God no LE was around but I never went off Sleeper Birth.

Let me be clear, I do not advocate ELogs of any kind. I hate them.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  8. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  9. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    All this hate and discontent for elogs, it's funny seeing these posts on how to circumvent the system when that's one of the reasons for them in the first place.
    A means in which to force drivers to be honest

10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I did a fraction of the creative logging in Canada that I did in the U.S.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  11. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I know you didn't insinuate it Gunner75 but I got to say it anyway.... No law/rule has been or ever will be that force anyone to do anything. ELogs are not necessary and can not work for what they are intended for. We live in a human existence, I know who knew right? Things happen due to this existence and no electronic device can account for it. That is why I personally do not like or intend to use, elogs...

Timin770 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.