Haha..ATA has egg on their faces..

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by drvrtech77, Mar 19, 2019.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    A newly published report from the U.S. Department of Labor says that the controversial ‘truck driver shortage’ does not exist.

For well over a decade, the American Trucking Associations (ATA) has argued that the trucking industry is suffering from a shortage of 50,000 truck drivers, but the Department of Labor is now refuting those long standing claims in a blockbuster new report.

A monthly report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics entitled “Is the U.S. labor market for truck drivers broken?” looks into the barrage of claims from the mainstream media and the ATA that there is a long-standing shortage of truck drivers in the U.S. labor market:

https://cdllife.com/2019/feds-call-truck-driver-shortage-fake-news/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I never thought there was much of a drivers shortage. Just a good company shortage. Carriers don’t want to pay anything, and then wonder why they can’t get or retain drivers. It must be a drivers shortage! :rolleyes:

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The only shortage I see is quality drivers who are fed up with the way many of these companies treat drivers.... The good ones tell the company to go to hell.

5. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    its like saying theres a shortage of time share buyers lol of course there is and for good reason.

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    found this.....the author will reply if you write him

Busting the ‘Trucker Shortage’ Myth
    Busting the ‘Trucker Shortage’ Myth

A valuable new study from the Bureau of Labor Statistics confirms that there is not, and has never been, a serious shortage of people willing to work as truck drivers. In fact, they find that “the market for truck drivers works about as well as that for other blue-collar occupations.”

bzinger, Dave_in_AZ and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I thought you were talking about my ex Anniya Trinity Alexander ATA.....

I was gonna say that’s not egg......

JoeyJunk, Coover and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Money shot.

JoeyJunk, nikmirbre and Coover Thank this.
  9. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    In my opinion it took a direct shot at the ATA and its members. To me it basically said there is high turnover and lack of retention in the truck load Long Haul part of trucking. Also went on to say that that could probably be remedied by higher wages. So there's not a driver shortage problem, there is an ATA problem. Just my opinion

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    It's very simple. There is a shortage of drivers that will work for. 42 a mile. Or sit for free twi hours then get $12 detention. Or get sent by Logistics to places a full sleeper should never go. Or get routed way from home and then its Friday. Or get called into a safety meeting with 5 people sitting around explaining how things go that have never been in a truck. Or setting you up to fail. Or dealing with a dispatcher that knows it all yet is out the door at 5 PM while you are going to be driving until 11 pm and not have a parking place. Lots of "ors" out there.

sevenmph and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I started a,thread - The Daily Driver Shortage just to call BS on all the fake news, and chronicle it.

The only ones pushing the fake drI've shortage are the trucking rags.

Some guy from fleet owner wrote one a week or so ago, few thousand words, and it says NOTHING. 2000 words of generalization.

bzinger, Scooter Jones and Opus Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.