hair drug test at Arnold

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by getn2it, Oct 17, 2012.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Yep near that area, I remember watching them as well and that dates me also.

Rumor has it if people shave hair to try and get around it they use duck tape to take a sample of Doo Dad hair.

2. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    If you are so concerned, grow some hair first. Problem solved. :)

druggies always think they can outsmart others. :)

3. Taildragon

Taildragon Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have been giving urine samples since they started that, and when that fails to be good enough for a drug test, then that would indicate to me that the company that would require any of the above is just to politically correct for me, and it is time to part ways. I have known pot users that have driven trucks for a living and have never missed a days work, meanwhile I have had the expense and time consuming frustration to go through all the random and preemployment drug screens and enough is enough, there comes a time to draw a line in the sand, and say I will "not" be participating. You will find that the companies that seem to be asking for all the extra things during the hiring process, will continue to ask for more and more while employed there, and it is usually not worth it. I found this to be true when negotiating rates as well, the company that wants this and that "for this amount", is usually the company that will continue asking for more and more. It is time to stand up and start saying "no" to the overbearing stupidity and mean it.

4. WRIGHTRACING

WRIGHTRACING Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Iuka MS/Muscle Shoals AL
    I thought if you refused a drug test it went on your DAC and no one would hire you. Not "no one", but any company that does a background check and cares what it says. BTW, isn't it also required by law to have a pre-employment drug screen, before working fro any trucking company?

dirtyjerz Thanks this.
  5. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    They will shave hair off your legs or under your arms. If you don't have that, job forfeited.

6. Taildragon

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    All true, but you would know in advance whether it was a urine test or a hair test, and my point is this, I will not give up my dignity for a job. Take a look at some of the companies that are doing this, they are still running their trucks in the ditch on a regular basis, recently in Montana within a twenty four hour period they ran two in the ditch within a couple miles of each other. In another instance they had a truck on a restricted road in Colorado and ran one in the ditch on a mountain pass, and this after they passed a big digital sign announcing the truck restriction, with a place to turn a truck around right at the sign, and this happened with two men in the cab, both were awake, and one was supposedly a "trainer". All of the electronic things available that they are running in their trucks, all the studies and surveys that they have done to determine which driver is at risk to have an accident, and they still can't keep their trucks out of the ditch. I will NOT give up my dignity for a "job", especially when it would involve working for the "experts" at safety.

Guitar Man and Leftnut Thank this.
  7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee

The few that do hair test are mega carriers that hire students in groves. It is only done on pre-employment screenings. The reason some do it is because it cost about $4000 from what I heard to hire a new driver and process them in. They want to know they have a good candidate that hasn't quit in the past 6 months because that's a lot better picture than one that is just beating a 30 day test. The liability of someone being in an accident with drugs in their system can cost a company dearly.

8. Taildragon

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I understand the argument, but I will not be participating, until people start standing and saying no, this industry will just keep getting more unbearable. To remove somones body parts as part of a prehire procedure is over the line, and I will choose to opt out, they still won't eliminate the professional users, and it will just keep getting more intolerable for the ones that don't use drugs, this is where I will be drawing my line in the sand, it just isn't worth feeling like I lost my dignity.

9. Taildragon

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I would go one step further to debate this issue, and ask how many truck wrecks have you read about in the paper where the driver was under the influence of drugs while driving a truck, there might be that rare occasion, but I have never heard of it. As for the four thousand dollar figure, I have heard that also, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, that if you pay your employees well, and if you treat your employees well, you won't have to hire them in droves, they will stick around for the most part, and I do realize that there are exceptions to this of course.

Guitar Man Thanks this.
  10. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    The last I knew,

Arnold didn't use the hair testing method.

getn2it and spectacle13 Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted