hair or ua

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by alexlee012, Aug 26, 2015.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Lay off the weed and you wont have to go thru the stress about hair test.A random UA test you wouldn't have a problem with?If you refuse a hair test,that company may be more apt to single you out,is the hassel worth it?

6daysontheroad Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Edjahman

Edjahman Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2013
    As long as they don't outlaw caffeine then we are good! Mmm coffee ☕.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I have never drank coffee but im a huge diet coke fan

Edjahman Thanks this.
  5. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I never said l smoke weed.Do you always assume that if somebody disagrees with a "position" that they are guilty of that "position" simply because they disagree with said "position"..And yes you are correct,I would have no problem with random UAs because they are DOT required and l agreed to subject myself to them .

Luke628 Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You made it sound like you smoke weed and get very defensive over the hair test,may I ask howcome if you don't do drugs?Theres way bigger fish to fry in this industry that should be making you more on the defense then a hair test because companies want to make double sure drivers aren't doing drugs.I'm all for drug test and wish they're were more other then the hair and ua.

7. ttyson

Jul 25, 2015
    When l got my CDL
    Its kind of like this, If a company wants to put a driver facing camera in the truck,(Swift), in the name of safety, but l object to it, does that mean l have something to hide? If a company wants to run E-log, but l object to it, does that mean l want to cheat? If a hair test was a DOT required test then I know the rules and would agree to it just to drive.My objection is to companies that want to go above and beyond DOT regs (ln the name of safety).I got a CDL to drive, I didnt get a CDL to agree to give up all my individual rights just to drive the truck..

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Luke628, 12 ga and pattyj Thank this.
  8. ttyson

Jul 25, 2015
    Sorry I kinda hacked up my last post, phone is jumping around and making it difficult to type

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Now was that so hard to explain yourself better,lol.I see where you're coming from.There's a lot I do not agree with about the industry and about what companies force drivers to do.There is absolutely zero freedom in trucking.But it is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it.When I started driving back in 2002 I never had any complaints about the profession I chose.I loved the entire 9 yrs as a solo otr driver.And once I came local I started hating it, all the laws ect.Its only going to get worse.Better get use to it or give up trk driving because companies could care less how you feel,what you think same with the law,they're not going to change for the drivers.

10. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    If by free to refuse a test, you mean free to NOT APPLY, yes, you can. You can not however refuse a necessary part of an employment process, because you won't be hired which is the same as being refused employment. That's the same as failing but if that mindgame works in your head that's fine. Almost every company on the planet requires more of you than DOT forces them to.

I wasn't aware I had a Camera in my face, must be one of those invisible models I guess. Can't do anything else but drive a truck, is that right? Check my posts here. Before I drove I was a self employed IT Tech for almost 10yrs. I hold a degree in Electronics as well as A+, N+, Security +, MSCE, Cisco CCENT, LPIC 1&2, Jones NCTI with Video, Voice and Data endorsements, SBCA Level 3 as well as a bunch of AT&T internal certifications from when I used to build Cell Sites and install Microwave T1's. During that decade long climb up the ladder I did Central Office work for Verizon which is what led to the AT&T stuff. I was a Headend Technician for Comcast doing maintenance on the systems that downlink the satellite feeds and modulate them into the channels your cable box uses and towards the end started installing the newer feeds that bring in a lot of the newer IPTV based feeds which is what the X1 system and FiOS use. But I'll cut myself off there at the easy stuff and leave it at being sick of that industry, work being subbed out and sick of their always being a new certification to chase to stay relevant but all of that really doesn't matter.

I would assume that somebody here of all places would never be stupid enough to make an idiotic assumption like just because somebody drives for a living they must be a "stupid trucker".

Next time do some research before you stick your foot in your mouth. A month on this forum is a little early for an attitude problem isn't it?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  11. ttyson

Jul 25, 2015
    You're probably right about that, and probably explains the the long lines at truck schools,and starter mega companies,because they just chew drivers up and spit them out, then they wonder why there's no loyalty..But we as drivers can still stand up for ourselves and know what we are willing to tolerate

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.