HAMMER Truck GPS Launches!

Discussion in 'HAMMER: Truck Optimized GPS App | Support Forum' started by Admin, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    Thanks to the many TruckersReport community members who lent a hand during the past 3 months of beta testing, HAMMER is now available!

Your feedback guided big advancements in every aspect of our development: features, stability, performance and design. Our work is far from finished, as we have new updates scheduled to launch every 2-3 weeks for the foreseeable future to add even more of the features and improvements you suggested.

I've added this forum to keep the lines of communication open between the community, support staff and developers. Your participation has been tremendous, and we are eager for your involvement in continuing to develop Hammer.

Note to Android BETA testers: the Play store is a little weird about converting you from the beta to the version we just launched. You should delete the app you downloaded during Beta from your phone and download the new version from the Play store: Download HAMMER on Android

Hammer is a free GPS navigation app that provides truck-safe routing and turn-by-turn navigation for iOS and Android on phones and tablets. Download Now!

H3R3T1C, Bean Jr., 28 and 9 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Just downloaded. So far looks good, the road trip info layout is nice. Will provide a feedback in a day or two!

MACK E-6, mp4694330 and Admin Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Thank you for volunteering to be a guinea pig. :biggrin_25523:

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Im headed to baltimore tmrw. The land of no truck roads . im gonna put this to the test

6. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I downloaded it and tried it. Had a very simple route to run. US231 south to I70 west. It wanted me to take little county roads for miles. I went my way and it kept telling me to make a u turn. At one point it wanted me to cross under 70 and make a u turn to go back to a little county road. I turned it off. I’m wondering if I set it up wrong.

7. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Alrighty I'm not looking at any yellow signs only going to trust what the app says.

8. billindelicato

billindelicato Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2015
    I tested it for a while and for some reason it’s routes matched that of google or RM but calculated the route to take several hours longer... got very confusing that it kept trying to reroute me on its planned route...

Texas_hwy_287, Doealex and mitrucker Thank this.
  9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I noticed the time issue also.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  10. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Guys its new its got bugs. Just report them as you find them.

Texas_hwy_287 and mitrucker Thank this.
  11. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Gonna try it tomorrow in Texas!
    Maybe it will be better then this stupid half useless pilot gps

Bridgette HAMMER Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.