Hammerlane Ticket Because of A-Holes

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by RubberDuckie, Jan 21, 2020.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I followed two truckers last weekend roughly from Lodi CA to Corning CA pacing them at speeds mostly at 75 miles an hour and in spots, they were doing up to 85 miles an hour. At a couple points one of them jumped out to the work zone hammer lane to pass everyone and I trapped him over there for miles hoping to get him a big fat ticket. As you know, the speed limit is 55 for trucks in California.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

If he wasn't getting a ticket doing 75, you thought the police might notice him better if you 'trapped' him in the left lane? By pacing him, you were just as much the problem as he was. If someone isn't bothering you, why do you feel it necessary to be a dick? That said...I did have one driver cut me off in Dallas. He knew he cut me off and was doingvthe same to others so...I cut him off and, when he went to pass me on the left, I 'trapped' him there forcing him to go to the airport instead of continuing north on 75. The difference between our two scenarios is he actually did something to me.

alds, feldsforever, 650cat425 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I was in a pickup truck at the time.

I was making a video. It is an ongoing series I film comprising of the stupidest truckers out here. I catch truckers speeding, holding their phones, not using their blinkers, etc. It is part of a theory I have that we as truckers need to police ourselves before the government comes in and mandates more regulations to control us.

Truckers speeding will cause the gov't to want to put speed limiters on all trucks....
    Truckers using cell phones while driving will cause the gov't to want to mandate cameras watching us drive....
    Truckers not using turn signals will cause the gov't to want to mandate driverless trucks in the name of "safety"....

Just passing by Thanks this.
  5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Last guy that did that went to jail.

6. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    So...what's the speed limit for non-commercial vehicles in CA? What you're (basically) saying is, "I was one if the dumb as four-wheelers I like to complain about, today. ANNNND I have the video to prove it." You didn't 'prove' anything and you didn't 'police' a fellow truck driver. What you DID was perform a dick move that, if done to you, would have brought you here to complain. You're also acting very similar to what, in the old days, we call a snitch, a narc, an informer, tattle-tale and many ither names I won't mention here.

I always thought you were a whiny mother of puppies. You're not going to change that opinion with the things you claim to be doing.You're like the small kid in school who believes brownie points from the teacher for ratting out his classmates will keep the bruises and knots away that he's sure to receive on his way home from school. I would be surprised if you ever got out of your truck after sundown.

650cat425 and not4hire Thank this.
  7. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Truckers complain about too many regulations caused by stupid truck drivers breaking the rules. A great example is the ELD Mandate. For decades truckers shined on the regulations and cheated their logbooks. The government finally stepped in and fixed the problem.

Today, truckers are still complaining about the mounting mandates which are coming due to the stupid truck drivers out there doing stupid things which raises the ire of the public who get the gov't involved to find a solution. I am doing something about it on the trucker level by publishing what is happening by stupid truck drivers along with their company names and DOT numbers so we can get them retrained or off the road altogether, rather than standing on the sidelines letting it happen and belittling those who are doing something about it.

8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

I've seen some of your videos. You might want to try another method of making things safer.
    You're as much of a hazard as they are.

alds, 650cat425, Roberts450 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    He didn't go to jail for filming; he went to jail for brandishing a firearm at a trucker he was filming.

feldsforever Thanks this.
  10. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Opinions vary.

11. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    You're a snitch, plain and simple. Meanwhile, I've seen you make posts about exceeding speed limits, cutting corners and doing all the things you snitch on other drivers for. So what? You record ¹/¹⁰⁰% of drivers doing baaaad things... do you record GOOD drivers and send THEIR company a copy? Probably not. I LOATHE the term 'Karen', but that's what you are. You're a little ##### causing just as many, if not more, problems as you claim to be trying to solve. With all the regulations we already face, with onboard cameras (whether or not they're driver facing), with drivers being ripped off by other drivers, the last thing we need is a gods ###### Karen in our midst. If you want to be the police, go become the police. At least then we'll know right away who's against us instead of having to worry about which one of 'our own' is trying to stab us in the back.

feldsforever, 650cat425 and Roberts450 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.