Handguns??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MagicFingers, Sep 12, 2007.

1. MagicFingers

MagicFingers Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2007
    House Springs, MO
    I'm sure it probably varies state to state, but I was wondering what, if any rules are out there pertaining to truckers carrying handguns. Do any of you carry them? I think it's essential with some of the crimes that are at hand these days, especially at truck stops and such.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kanman

Kanman Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Wichita, Ks.
    That is Illegal period. It is not essential, and no faster to way to land yourself in jail and CDL-less than carrying any type of firearm.

Dont get me wrong. I am an avid hunter, shooter and gun enthuiast, but there is no place in the trucking world for firearms.

4. pathfinder

pathfinder Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    central,MN
    Magicfingers, dont know if you are aware of it but handguns are all but illegal in Canada. Could make it tough if you have a load going north of the border. My cousins husband is a cop in Winnipeg and he isnt even allowed to take his sidearm home! Manitoba(probably all provinces) has what they call a "point to Point" permit only. In other words, you are allowed to only transport you pistol from home to the range. NO STOPS ON THE WAY! I would love to be able to carry for protection too, but really is too much of a hassle. Take a concealed/carry class and you soon realize its a lot to be aware of. We will already have enough to think of while driving!

5. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
  6. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    no,you cannot legally carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle unless it is authorized--as in carry money in an amored car. although there are a few drivers that keep weapons in their trucks,if you are caught you will go to jail!

7. pathfinder

pathfinder Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    central,MN
    Certainly seems easy enough, just say no! Problems solved.

8. RoaringDown55

RoaringDown55 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2007
    I don't carry a gun are any other type of weapon..why? Because its illegal and besides my mind is the ultimate weapon

9. PFM

PFM Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Yep, it is illegal and goes beyond state to the Fed level.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.