Haney Truck Lines Yakima, WA

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by PSUMoose, Jun 18, 2013.

1. TopWop

TopWop Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Yakima, Washington
    I know a lot about Haney. I have a love hate relationship with them. There good and bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Hi Guys, I haven't been around for a bit. I heard about Swift buying Central (my old company) wonder how that will change things over there?
    As for me I am not really enjoying the dispatch thing, but am enjoying being home. The TM position was a carrot, although the old TM who they said I would be replacing decided to go back to driving, and guess who his Fleet manager will be. Yup you guessed it, good old Moose. He starts on Monday, I hope it goes well.
    To everyone here I hope all is going well. One thing I am enjoying is that I get to teach the Operations portion of new driver training, and I have been doing a lot of work with the recruiting/training/retention department. I enjoy that a lot, it would be nice if I could find a way to make that my job. Until thin I will keep pushing squares and slinging trucks.

slow_lane55 Thanks this.
  4. azcardnlz

azcardnlz Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    Those of us who grew up watching Green Acres shudder at the thought of working for Mr. Haney...

"Hang - Man" Thanks this.
  5. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    i only go 62 mph and i see haney up ahead i start looking in my mirrors to see if im gonna be stuck behind haney. they must go 58mph or something

6. kdog13

kdog13 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    Haney has been a around a long time. Switched hands a few times and is now really owned by an investment firm in Seattle. The best TM they had in a long time was in Portland, he left to go to a carrier right next door apparently, I was told he had an extensive recruiting background and came to Haney through the purchase of Puget Sound. He was great, anytime I was in Portland and had a problem he handled it immediately. He never said anything about his background but he seemed to really know what he was doing for a younger guy (I'm 58). I had a problem with the shop foreman one night and he was still there for some reason. He was getting ready to go home, asked me how I was doing, and when I told him not good, the shop person told me to wait until some guys came off break to get a light looked at, he said hang on a second, walked over to the shop, came back 30 seconds later with a mechanic and told him to check it out as I was under dispatch. Not a big deal I know but it was to me. He didn't leave until the issue was solved (bad fuse). I have talked to other drivers and they said the Portland Manager gave notice and no one from management even blinked an eye. I guess a lot of drivers and owner operators have followed him to the company he is at. I was even told that the operations manager even called his boss to complain about him stealing drivers from Haney. I have been driving for Haney less than 2 years and now I hear they just fired a bunch of managers yesterday. The CEO came into my orientation and he is gone as well. Not sure what is happening, I missed a meeting with the new people in charge a few weeks ago. Apparently they work for the company that owns Haney (When I was hired I was told it was a family company).

7. kdog13

kdog13 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    Supposed to be governed at 60 but I don't think so.

8. kdog13

kdog13 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    Do not run to SC so not sure what you saw there. We only run in the NW and occasionally CA.

9. TopWop

TopWop Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Yakima, Washington
    The reason they are letting ppl go is. Thats how the buy out contact was written. They bought it out and gave them I think 5 years to so them what and how they do things once the time frame is up they said they would look at keeping ppl that they felt they needed.

10. kdog13

kdog13 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    That doesn't make sense. They will keep people they feel are needed? They let go of the Safety Manager, The COO, The Pricing Manager, The Equipment Manager, a long time planner, etc. Maybe these people weren't pulling their weight but it looks awful strange when an investment firm made up of finance people start cutting people who know the business of trucking. They hired and fired a CEO in less than 2 years. They fired one of the former owners who was the CEO a couple of months before they fired his replacement. Now they fire the COO, Safety Manager, etc...They have a new Terminal Manager in Portland and he is more concerned about getting his degree online than he is about drivers. They fired the new Terminal Manager in Olympia as well, he was only there a couple of months. The guy there now seems pretty good but I guess he is retired and just helping out.

11. slow_lane55

slow_lane55 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    So Moose, what's going on w/ Haney? You haven't been around for several months. Some of us are curious about things. Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.