Hanging out at the fuel island.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kenworth6969, Jun 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I'm sure this has happened to you before.
    FULL row of trucks at the fuel island not fueling.
    Some playing on their phone, others eating, sometimes you see some go inside with their shower bag.
    I'm not talking in front of the fuel island, I mean literally at the pumps.

How's best to handle this situation when it keeping going on longer and longer?
    I feel the nerve to beat up some drivers but I doubt that's the best approach.

Some of you may say be patient but time is money especially in this industry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    I don't even know how they have the nerve to just sit there, doing nothing, knowing darn well they are holding everyone else up. That is absolutely moronic. One day somebody who is having a real bad day will encounter one of these situations, and probably solve the problem when the truckstop gets wrapped up in a wrongful death suit, and will end up putting security at the pumps to keep things moving.

4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Never ran into full island of trucks sitting. You seem to carry around bad luck.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    i leave and go somewhere else.. it used to boil my blood. now i let it roll off my back, because it just aint worth it.

ncmickey, InTooDeep, TallJoe and 13 others Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Avoid the Loves.

You will notice that the overwhelming majority of all complaints that you see on TTR is from megas carriers about mega chain fuel stops. The drivers on the 2 lanes have completely different experiences. So, avoid the path of least resistance. The less you mega, the less negative your experience will be.

Six back quiet.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  7. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I’ve had it happen many times.

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Cardlocks. No facilities whatsoever. Just fuel pumps and maybe a bulk oil depot. Never see people hanging around there.

9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    No piss bottles either.

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If they take 13 minutes to fuel and then sit there for another 17 minutes then their 30 minute break is over.

11. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I call the store and ask can they announce on the PA for trucks to move so others can get fuel, not that it really helps though...

Definitely don't get behind any California or Illinois license plates that's for sure, you'll be waiting all day.

12. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Unfortunately while megas do have good people and drivers they also bread and are the home of the lowest common denominator, barely life functional imbeciles.

I think what we have happing at the pumps and in other areas of trucking is a combination of multiple contributing factors; laziness, ignorance, not enough parking, lack of ability to back into a spot, people that were raised with no manners, angry people, mental illness, lack of training, and many more.

I don’t see it stopping but only getting worse as society continues its decline.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.