Hanging out at the fuel island.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kenworth6969, Jun 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Just pull around the fuel lanes and park horizontal to the lanes. Get out with your shower bags and head for the door. That will show them. Can't go forward and can't go backwards.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    The 2lanes are where it’s at, old school trucking still happens out there. I’ve always run them whenever possible, but especially since the speed limiters made the big roads useless. I’m not the only one either, a 2lane tour through the tules can pretty quickly turn into 3 or 4 old farts strung out over a couple of miles of highway, gettin’ it done and havin’ fun. Don’t miss the old days quite so bad then.

4. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    That guy waiting behind the abandoned truck at the pump is now at the threshold of popping and looking for his shotgun.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'd love to see the look on driver's faces if truckstops started just dragging these abandoned trucks out from the pumps with a wrecker. Think of how much more money they'd make if they could fuel 15-20% more trucks? Plus all the tires they'd sell after dragging a loaded truck 400 feet with all the tires locked up?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Not to mention what you then charge to release the truck from "impound."

7. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I think a hook up and drop fee of about $5000 would be about right for a Mega. Tax them for putting all those simpletons out there.

8. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Yep, my biggest rant in this regard is those waiting in line to get to the fuel island and getting out of their truck and going into the store for whatever. Then when the truck in the fuel lane pulls forward, the fuel island is empty and blocked and the driver is no where around.
    There's a list of things about how many drivers behave at fuel islands that I think are inconsiderate of others and selfish.
    Comes down to the golden rule, if you wouldn't want a driver doing it to you, don't do it to them.

9. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Odessa and Pecos Texas are the worse. Some don't even get fuel, the get lunch and their drinks and snacks. It takes and hour to do this and looks at you like what is -your- problem when they come out. There have been times I wished for cow scoop to just push them out of the way.

10. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    One thing for certain is that, the person that finds a solution to the problem will become wealthy. Something technically and economically feasible to implement that discourages pump parking/blocking.

All I can think of is a robot that monitors and dishes out ### kickings. But that probably doesn’t qualify.

11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Unless your at Love's.. then you might circle fuel islands a couple times .. looking for Lola :biggrin_255:..
    You know I couldn't pass that opertunity up ..lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.