Happy New Year 2010

Discussion in 'TMC' started by joecool313, Dec 31, 2009.

1. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    Just wanted to wish all fellow TMC drivers, former TMC drivers, soon to be TMC drivers, future TMC drivers, all the staff and admin members of the Truckers' Trucking board and anyone else who frequents this forum a HEALTHY, SAFE and PROSPEROUS 2010...HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!:biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Right on Joe, happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping every one has a safe and profitable 2010!

joecool313 and Big Duker Thank this.
  4. carterbeauford

carterbeauford Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northwestern PA
    happy new years! I've been on vacation since 12/23. excited to get back and make some money.

5. soundman

soundman Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2007
    PA
    Well said, Joe. Ditto!

6. DevilDog911

DevilDog911 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I've been following TMC forums for well over 6 months now. I live in Lexington KY and want to drive a flatbed. I got my CDL permit and drove with my Uncle for a while just kinda trying to get a feel for the industry, he runs flatbeds locally but has no openings as times are tough for him right now too. I did enjoy flatbed work even though I never had to tarp a load. I'm now going to go to a school for free thanks to voc rehab with the VA I figured a school opens up more possibilities than no school. Plus TMC does recruit from this school. I was just wondering how often do drivers come through Lexington KY through the week. I was also wondering if anybody know's of any other flatbed company's that hirer Students in the Central KY area. Thank you for your time.

7. carterbeauford

carterbeauford Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northwestern PA
    I rolled thru on 64 two weeks in a row before christmas.

8. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    TMC is not a bad choice. You may also want to look into Maverick they are going to start taking students again and the Bluegrass is good location for them also.

9. DevilDog911

Dec 26, 2009
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Ill definently call Maverick and see if they ll take me

10. Ignatius

Ignatius Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Tanasi
    TMC trucks get thru that area quite often. There is Lafarge, in Silver Grove, Ky (Cincinnati), from which TMC pulls a lot wall board. There are also some steel shippers/receivers in the Louisville area that they do business with.

I see LOTS of curtain-side/conestoga (flatbeds) running up/down I75. I used to have a few of their names noted (for future reference), but I cleaned up my office last weekend, and have apparently thrown out the list.

I like flatbedding; tarping is ok; untarping... not so much. I would recommend trying to get on w/a company that runs the conestogas, or curtain-sides. Untarping in rain/snow/wind is not much fun.

11. DevilDog911

Dec 26, 2009
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Yea I could see that with tarping but I'd really rather learn to tarp just to have the experience. Besides I don't want to stay with a big company forever, I want to hopefully start my own company some day but with freight as low as it is I'll be waiting awhile which gives me plenty of time to learn.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.