Happy Thanksgiving, time to go home

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 86scotty, Nov 23, 2022.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    My plans got blown out of the water this morning.
    Arrived at Miller brewing at trenton ohio this morning to grab a pre loaded trailer only to find out they are closed today and nobody told me .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fordconvert

fordconvert Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    nebraska
    who’d a thunk it?!!

4. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    That sucks and would piss me off for sure. Hopefully you can find something to do.

5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Well with a paid off truck I'm pretty laid back these days and having dealt with Miller as long as I have nothing with them really surprises me anymore and my carrier will probably squeeze theyre nuts in a vise for layover pay or a tonu if the trailer isn't loaded .
    This could also be a dispatch boner but won't know until tmw morn .
    I headed for the petro in New paris and had a nice Thanksgiving meal and cleaned the hell out of my truck including the side boxes that haven't been touched in 5 years , I found stuff in there that I forgot I had lol.

86scotty, 77fib77, rollin coal and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    That's good man. Glad you got to get you a dinner at least and somewhat enjoy the time waiting. I knew money wise was not a big deal but sucks getting stuck at least for me I am that way. I hate sitting for more than a day, would rather drive and enjoy the day.

7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Thank you sir ! And hope you had a good t day .
    I'm a glass full person and the weather here today was perfect for what i wanted to do ..
    Nothing I can do about it so make the best of it and it's not gonna break me ....plus good food and cold beer .

fordconvert and Siinman Thank this.
  8. RubyEagle

RubyEagle Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ate..too..much

fordconvert and bzinger Thank this.
  9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Credit to the broker they did pay TONU. Of course it was "industry standard" $150 but I never asked for it nor expected it. I normally just write something like that off as BS and promise myself to not work with them again (until a few years anyway I guess). I sent them an email detailing my hours situation and why I had to give the load back. They tracked me on macro-point also so there was that. The reply I got back was a new rate con with TONU on it.

10. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    You mean you ran for a broker that required Macropoint and they actually checked it? I can't tell you how many times I get calls/emails about in/out times or whatever and think to myself 'you know you could just look at the Macropoint you asked me to use'.

dirthaller and rollin coal Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.