Has anybody heard of Kaplan Trucking Out of Ohio

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by pavel94, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    How is the money over there? I talked to one Kaplan driver, but Im trying to see how others are doing to get an accurate picture. He runs coils between cleveland an chicago. I dont care where I go or what I haul, I rum hard and efficeint. I called Kaplan the other day, and they were pissy on the phone and didnt really have the answers to my questions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ramonedgardo

Ramonedgardo Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2014
    How much experience do they require for an o/o to lease on?

4. Carl C

Carl C Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Bunnlevel, Nc
    Hi carrol,thinking about going to Kaplan is it possible to bring home 2500 or better a week there?

5. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Kaplan is a old company .I worked there a lot of years ago.Same as landstar,mercer.agent based you load yourself.Get in with good agent you make money.Run wild lot harder but can do it.Most guys that made good when I was there ran steel and stayed in the Midwest

6. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    every terminal has a buddy list. this IS forced dispatch. I.M.O. most terminal agents will ask you to run crap loads at times, if you decline a load, you will be punished, they will let you sit for a couple day's until you learned your lesson. it is not 1st in 1st out dispatch. it is a buddy system. I have talked to couple hundred o/o over the last 12 years this is the system, though not everyone experiences this way.

I know drivers who get the 1st pick of every load every day regardless. if you take the good with the bad, the unfairness, the lying, & just not pay attention to it, you can still do o.k. if you just look at your pay, but if you compare your loads, pay e.t.c. with 1 on the buddy list you may get a little perturbed. you can bring to the truck $2500 a week, even more.

the question is how do you feel when you find someone running same area as you, signed on after you, makes a grand more a week just cause they are on the buddy list? over all they are like the rest of the co's every co has a buddy list, going to kaplan is no different.

the question is where on the totem pole are you going to be? farther down from the last co you were with or higher up? some take crappy paying loads, but like the loads, & do o.k. main office lets the agents have free rain over the drivers.

I have heard the agents tell drivers, (o/o) you can run what I want you to when I want you to or take the door signs off. agents will tell you the main guy over all dispatch John Wynn, tells them, (the dispatchers) can do as they see fit. I know this co & so many drivers personally, so this is just not a guess at things. but things can also go very well for you too.

Oldironfan and whoopNride Thank this.
  7. Carl C

Carl C Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Bunnlevel, Nc
    Thanks...im with mercer now,didnt know if it wld be any better at kaplan

8. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Any updates on Kaplan?....looking to sign on, but these last posts don’t paint a good picture.....

9. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    What I post is accurate, but consider, you "generally speaking" could go to another company and it could be worse than what you left. I am very financially stable, so if I don't want a cappy load, dispatch can't punish me by not loading me a few day's.
    Good luck

RERM Thanks this.
  10. DannaB

DannaB Bobtail Member

May 7, 2018

Are you saying this isn't a place where you can find your own loads? Are you saying you are forced dispatch at Kaplan? It's 2019. Can you provide an update. I'm confused between your review and the other driver. Thank you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.