Has anyone bought multiple personal homes?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckRunner, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Book a apartment suite where you want to layover. A fraction of the cost of homeownership and most are fully equipped so only thing they require is the occupant. If you really want a second home find one with apt suite to offset costs and have property management take care of tenant.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    Tell that to someone that paid 310000 for a house in Vegas that's now worth 240000.

No argument against home ownership, if you live there. People somehow got the idea that their house was more than just a place to live. It became an investment. That is a total crock.

The OP is talking about having random houses scattered about the country for days off. Nothing inherently wrong with that.

I LOVED the wings at the Walt Whitman truckstop. LOVED them. Never thought about buying a house Philadelphia though.

4. PandaPancake

PandaPancake Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Why do you assume I care about a real estate bubble in Vegas? Do you honestly think it'll change my opinion? If OP wants to buy a couple tiny homes that's great. It's an asset. There's much more wasteful things he could be doing like buying those stupid helmets at the Loves

5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Only at a pos company.
    Mine let's me bank my days off as I usually don't use them all.
    But if I need a week off,they get me home.
    Small companies are the best

6. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
  7. Dick Danger

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    Why do you assume I care about your opinion? Just because you think it does not make it so. I don't expect you to care about anything.

8. PandaPancake

PandaPancake Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Cool story bro.

9. Dick Danger

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    That's it? This was where you were supposed to wipe the floor with me by supporting your opinion with fact and show all of us simpletons how housing only goes up in value.

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    You could find a local job and be home more, even if you take a drop in pay you'll be better off then spending money on extra houses

11. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    I prefer to buy all my houses in foreign countries. I got bored taking hometime in the same country all the time.

TruckRunner and Just passing by Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.