Has anyone ever heard of Truck Relocating Services

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Aubie3344, Feb 4, 2017.

1. 87Deandre

87Deandre Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2017
    by the way dont you have to get 10 hrs of sleep the woman told me if i drove a full week its possible to bring home at least $1300 for that week and thats driving about 500 miles a day ... if you dont

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Schimmel

Schimmel Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Do not work for this company under any circumstances. They won't answer your questions, they talk out of both sides of their mouth. My first dispatch was a Penske truck, when I showed up to pick it up, it wasn't even on the lot, had been in another town and then dispatched to another state. They gave me another one, when I dropped at the Penske yard, it was my understanding that I was getting another one to relocate. Instead they wanted me to deadhead 500+ miles to pick up a UPS van. I had to pay a taxi $60 to take me to the car rental. Didn't take me long to figure out how deep in the hole I was going to be. Avoid this place like the plague.

SingingWolf and tscottme Thank this.
  4. DriverCurtis

DriverCurtis Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2017
    I would like to make a report on this company.

I worked for this company going on three(3) months, and they made everything at the beginning seem so awesome and took care of situations and it felt like a real good company to work for.

Then after a while they started charging me for different things that they were paying for in the beginning, and saying this is the way things are going to be from now on, so all I have to say is if you are in a pinch, and you are needing work horribly bad, always researched the business or the company you are going to work for.

After I've been working for them almost for three months now, I should've done my research on this company because they do not have good reviews. So all I'm saying if you're going to work for somebody, please, please, always researched them because they are going to check you out, so make sure you check them out to. It's only fair to know about the people you're working for, because they are going to check to make sure you're going to be a good person to work for them.

Because of this company that I work for, has really left me in a horrible situation and this is why I'm telling you so you don't learn the hard way like I did.

5. Trucker Gal 2000

Trucker Gal 2000 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    This job isn't for everyone, but for me I love this lifestyle and benefits. Remember, you always hear mixed things about every company depending on who you talk to.

I can pretty much figure how much I will make as soon as I know where it is going. You have to do the math. You figure what diesel costs and how many miles are you going to drive, calculating the fuel needed for the trip. Then figure out how far the drop off point is from the rental car pick up or airport and the cost of the rental fuel or flight, motels, food and miscellaneous

You have to fill out multiple sheets on each vehicle and the paper work varies by the customer so ask questions if not sure and send in what they require. Make sure your paperwork is in order and signed and sent it in before your next pick up

It was easiest for me to make a routine - Pretrip and Postrip my unit, make sure my paperwork is signed and correct. Set my GPS and have travel road atlas available. Take a break every 2-3 hrs. Keep logs up. Send in the required paperwork ASAP so not to have problems come pay day…

If your interested in doing this type of work I just say be good at being frugal with costs like AAA discounts for hotels or membership rewards for rental cars, or trip rewards for hotels, sign up for any restaurant chain discount to help, etc.. You have to figure out ways to cut corners anyway you can. If you are having problems covering your on the road expenses, they will try to pair you up with someone to help you out by splitting those costs, but you do not have to take it. Keep in mind they will front you money but it will come out of your settlement because it is really part of your pay

I have worked for TRS for the last two years I have made over $60,000 a year as a Independent Contractor, which could be good or bad depending on how you like to do business. Keep all your runs paperwork and Settlement Sheets, keep all of your receipts that are not reimbursed and use those receipts to offset your taxes each year - I have made out pretty good so far, it is hard staying organized but pays off in the end.

Pros:
    Set your own hours
    Not forced dispatch
    Travel the country and get paid - I got to see a lot of the U.S.A. that I wouldn't of seen otherwise.
    You are your own boss on the road.
    Do your job and no one will mess with you. I have been driving for many years and I do my job well. They know it and respect it.
    I work on an average of 8-9 months a year and take about 3-4 months off.

Cons:
    You are a contract driver you have to expect the unexpected. Stuff happens,
    Am forced to pay attention to costs and money very carefully, but that has actually helped me.

Joel Leland Thanks this.
  6. Jstyles1

Jstyles1 Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Hey I have a question when you worked for trs how much were averaging weekly net wise.?

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    For the record a driver can make some decent money doing this job. I generally try to not advise young drivers to go this route. First off you are going to be spending a lot of time traveling between drop offs and pickups. This is not paid. You are going to be sleeping in a truck or a hotel at your own expense. You are not guaranteed to be moving sleepers You pay for the fuel, however most do pay a fuel sir charge. The key to making money in drive a way is to limit as much as possible the downtime. That in most situations is out of your control. I wrote about this a while back. Someone I know started driving for Bennett Motor Express against my advice. A while later she called me from the Greyhound bus station in Phoenix broke hungry and needing my help. Anybody doing this job should be aware there are serious drawbacks to it. You can make money. Many do. You can also lose your shirt too. My best advice is to stay away unless you have something about your situation that makes this a good fit. Local board Greyhound Drivers do it from time to time. They can travel free.

8. Poonok

Poonok Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Il
    sounds like a terrible job, make more jiggling a bucket on the corner somewhere

9. Roadwarrior23

Roadwarrior23 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Stay far away from this company. They lie to you from the recruiting process to the dispatching. I also had three Penske trucks that I was to deliver on my first run with them. Not one truck was available. I was told by the Penske rep that TRS is horrible when it comes to service. That was enough for me. I quit right after that.

Newtrucker2019 Thanks this.
  10. Newtrucker2019

Newtrucker2019 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Hi Trucker Girl- I received a phone call from TRS a few days ago about truck Relocating Services. It definitely caught my eye and I looked into it. Everything you’ve mentioned here seems great but there are soooooo many horrible reviews. What are these employees doing that makes them get in the hole financially? It sucks that you need to fill up, stay in hotels, and rent cars on your own expense. I would think that takes a significant amount of money away from your earnings. My concern is getting in the hole quick. After my first pick up to where ever I need to fill up, pay for food, a rental car and a lot of other things. It does scare me a little. Do you have any words of advice for me regarding possibly accepting this job? Do I have to have a lot of money saved up to get myself going here? Also, do you know of any companies similar to TRS That is not 1099? It would be nice to do this type of work without being nickeled and dimed as majority of these past drivers are saying. Thanks

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You answered how people get into the hole.

Very simple. They are lent money up front. Which comes out of their next paycheck. Which might even be negative in the company's favor for a few weeks. You cannot run on no money.

Don't think about it. Find something else. Where there is smoke there is fire.

12. Newtrucker2019

Newtrucker2019 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2019
    I hear so many mixed things about the company more bad than good

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.