Has anyone seen the freight this bad before?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Dec 10, 2019.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    They've never said that to me or I'd never take a load. No way am I dead heading to a place to find out someone beat me there. Screw that nonsense..

I've called them multiple times on loads and agree to a rate then they never send the ratecon, so now I just high ball them. I think I've carried a car or two successfully for them but that's off of Central where they have to post the rate.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DouletTheDriver

DouletTheDriver Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Katy, TX (Houston)
    Oh dang. Luckily I wasn’t burned but I have to risk it for a $2400 load.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  4. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    Cheap rates out of Fl? Man would never expect anything other then that. Don't get me me wrong, some pay well. Most are just gong to pay fuel.
    Want to make cash this time of year. Get where the market is working for you. Stay out and make cash when its there to be made. Way to many want to stay south out of the snow. Then cry when the rates are in the dump.

5. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Pick and choose, slowly build the fire. If things come to a halt on the boards around Christmas and New Year, just post the truck and wait. Some of the best opportunities come during the quote “ off times” See every one wants to be home. Most guys are out of hrs. on Friday. Broker gets a call around quitting time, load has to go ASAP your truck is posted so he calls you first. Most of his regular guys are committed so even if you has a new MC you are the only game in town. Sometimes with the right questions you can determine how bad they need it, and you can gain a valuable client.

DouletTheDriver Thanks this.
  6. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Ragman54Light Load Member
    Jul 10, 2016
    S.E. Michigan

I live in Michigan. I remember going skiing in Colorado when I was 14. Dad brought two cases of Coors back home because it was a novelty. Seems so far fetched now . LOl
    We did the same, execpt we took Strohs with us to trade for Coors.

Ragman54, Dec 14, 2019 Report
    Forgot about the Strohs beer going Colorado bound until I talked to my Dad tonight. He did the same thing. Imagine that- Coors and Strohs being a HOT commodity.

Ragman54 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.